Is Bolvar considered undead or human?

Considering that he doesn’t need to eat while he was sitting on the frozen throne, I think he is undead.

But he also doesn’t look like a regular undead after losing his powers…

iirc he’s stuck inbetween

2 Likes

Considering he was saved by life fire and tortured by Arthas to be something to control like Aduin .I would say undead yet it does bring up questions on the parallel of both.

2 Likes

I think more like a cursed human

4 Likes

I feel that the whole “undead” state should really more of a condition than a race, but WoW handles it different.

So, since WoW just lists him as “humanoid” instead of “undead” I guess he’s just human.

We just call him ‘dad’ up in Icecrown. Don’t worry about these other questions. :+1:

7 Likes

He is undead, you can’t be alive and be lich king.

1 Like

He’s alive as far as I know.

Which is kind of interesting because he’s lost every fight he’s ever been in.

Bolvar is technically “Crispy chicken nugget”

3 Likes

Of all the reasons, that is the worst… What part of burned death by dragon fire then resurrected by the Lich King was unclear to you?

2 Likes

Anyone else want BBQ? Just got a hankering for some ribs. Maybe brisket.

1 Like

Is Bolvar Undead or Human? Yes :smiley:

WoW also lists playable Undead as Humanoids.

Sadly, WoW’s character type system is quite limited. Humanoid means “human-shaped”, and it’s quite possible to be Humanoid and Undead at the same time.

But in WoW a character can only have one type.

The same thing happens with Undead Beasts. What decides whether a skeleton animal is a Humanoid or a Beast is whether Blizzard wants Hunters to tame it or not lol

2 Likes

Highlord Grill-Rite is kind of his own thing.

2 Likes

new definition? living dead? as he is technically living (beating heart) but he is also a dead man as he died in the plague at wrathgate

1 Like

He’s BBQ undead, extra crispy with a side of dragon fire hot sauce

2 Likes

A curse of life and a curse of death ,well,that would be considered being immortal .

1 Like

He’s a Death Knight. Undead by lore, humanoid by game mechanics.

1 Like

yeah.

1 Like

Being a Death Knight he’s undead, but not Forsaken.

1 Like

Why was Bolvar the only person at the Wrathgate who survived because of the red dragons’ life fire?

2 Likes