Is blizzard ready for 1 million + classic players?

Blizzard said they underestimated the amount of players interest in Classic on the financial Q and A. I am sure they will make adjustments to accommodate the millions of new players without many hiccups.

Yes there will easily be 10+ million. Classic is the most hype game to come out in many years. It’s going to be fun the first week of launch.

The goal was to eliminte layering after phase 1 right?

So after the initial surge they expect to only need 11 US servers.

LOL they won’t get a million people playing classic. Get real.

Riiight, it’s not logical to think they’d start with 11 layered servers in phase 1, to feel out the population, then spin up more as the numbers roll in. No, we don’t use logic in these forums.

The goal is to survive launch so that they can see what happens and make future decision on real data and player experiences instead of forum rants and blog posts.

The goal was to minimize the potential impact of launching with too many realms.

We’ll see how many are left as they age and we get closer to Phase 2.

I never said that, stop lying and putting words in my mouth because you’re mad that you were wrong. Here’s what I said a day or two ago:

I have no idea why anyone is talking about servers. It literally doesn’t matter. You act like a Multi-Billion dollar company can’t add 100’s of servers if needed in a few hours to meet demands. How many are listed is irrelevant. When the Subs flood in to play Classic they will add more just as fast.

If they have 30 servers on launch day or whatever and need 100 more by the end of the day it will be done easily. So the server debate that is irrelevant is amusing.

This is a fun thread to bookmark to revisit at the end of phase 1.

2 Likes

It literally does matter. 10 million subs don’t fit on 31 servers worldwide.

This is exactly why I was asking you to preemptively make up excuses for your claim that there’s going to be 10 million subs and Classic is going to destroy BfA. Make your excuses now, so you’re ready to use them in a month.

according to the measly server list, they’re only ready for maybe 500k

It doesn’t matter because if we start out on launch day with 31 and end the day at 231 why did it matter? They will add as many servers as needed to meet the demand as it floods in. Making the topic irrelevant. :sunglasses:

I like sticking to the numbers that matter. The Subs, Classic will have 10+ million Subs. It’s going to save World of Warcraft!

Classic is the Future of WoW

What will your excuse be when we start with 31 and end with 60?

Abom, it’s impossible to rationalize with this tool. He has some sort of vendetta against Classic, for whatever reason, and the logic of Blizzard releasing servers in phases based on numbers, because, you know, it only makes financial sense to do so, eludes him.

He’s run like a dog with its tail between its legs from every logical argument I’ve made, picking apart his arguments, so he just resorts to- ‘CANT WAIT TIL YOURE WRONG IN 3 MONTHS OMGOMGOMGOMG.’ At which point he will, of course, be nowhere to be found.

1 Like

Ooooh, yeah, you’re mad.

This entire post will apply to you when you’ve been proven completely wrong; we’re halfway there already. I have no vendetta against Classic, I have a vendetta against people that are… less than intelligent.

1 Like

He just is bored and a forum hero who hits refresh ever 10 seconds to post again. Call it trolling or just nothing else to do with your time who knows. All I know is I am going to go to they gym then work. The forums aren’t my life, I just state some facts, make some points and move on.

Classic is the future of WoW and people will agree and disagree. Don’t matter to me but if you think Classic will have less than 5 million Subs you are crazy and in for a wild ride. Classic 10+ million Subs and next year is when Classic Sub will peak with additional phases breaking WotLK.

1 Like

This aged well.

The answer: Nope, they aren’t. They made too few servers. At least the 80% they’re predicting to quit will quit since they won’t be able to login for a very long time!

Fixed that for you buddy. Lift them 15 pound dumbbells like you mean it!

lol

Blizzard had access to Nostralius’ login numbers, along with the number of accounts that opted in to the beta/stress tests.

If those numbers were the ones being used at least in part to estimate the number of people likely to sign up and play classic… Hm.

1 Like

It baffles me that some people think they have a better estimate than Blizzard. I pray it’s just trolling because if they’re really that delusional/arrogant, I feel bad for them.

1 Like

do you think they are infallible and all knowing? citation see prior expacs.