Is Blizzard ever going to address the bad implementation of the Community Council?

ey tonk comty esh gid esh es. nu compty cmemebr es fin yah?

Well, when you put it that way, I guess maybe?

Let’s be entirely honest about this.

No one has a damn clue what to do with Monks because SEF is trash. Statue gameplay is trash. And the class fantasy is incredibly weak in general because the monk archetype never fit into Warcraft’s universe. Class Talents were about shared or similar themes, but Monk is designed to be segregated with its celestial themes. Forcing them to mix did no good for them. (Brewmaster is totally fine. MW and WW aren’t half as good as BrM. But that’s drags the entire class down.)

Monk suffers from having 3 roles to balance, just like Druids, just like Paladins. Paladin went head-first into the “Class Tree boosts DPS/performance” route. And Druid and Monk moved away from that. Instead of using more 2 and 3-point talent nodes, players gave the feedback they wanted more 1-point talents and then used up all of the possible ideas to flood you which a ton of talents, most of which do hardly anything – adding needless amounts of complexity and information bloat.

To me, that’s not a “Monk” failure, that’s just poor foresight and mishandling an evergreen system on its “reset” feeling.

Something I noticed especially when I was on the first wave of the initiative, was that it falls in the area of “what’s the point?”

If something is a hot topic, or new feature. It’s going to be discussed on a more “public” platform like Wowhead, and developer interviews. I can’t even fault Blizzard for this.

If something is a controversial topic, or a passionate topic. They’re not going to utilize a few members opinions as the outlet to discuss said topic, or it’s been discussed so much between influencers on twitter and wowhead, there’s no reason to keep “lighting the fire.”

That’s mainly why early on in the program the most discussed topics were well, accessibility. Which was awesome for the community and it actually helped A LOT. But the buck sort of stops there. Classic had a few discussions but I believe that’s because classic doesn’t have anything “new” until SoD, and now that there is “new” things for Classic, it goes to… “media” outlets.

Not much can be done, just sort of how it is. I think the “hope” and “expectations” were a lot higher than what will ever be allowed.

1 Like

Oh new CC member, You’re already doing the post…if you need to ask for a CM is because there’s not a plan, similar to holiday post that was created by Cyrios, then a CM changed the name and took it for feedback but never got a reply, I hope this change but as CC member you start threads like GD and maybe 1/10 threads will have a blue reply. :man_shrugging::sweat: