Is BfA the Horde's lowest point?

I mean, long as he gets to die in the end. That’s only fair right?

That’s easily fixed. Have her join the faction, then “villian bat” 2 expansions later.

1 Like

I don’t even care if he dies. I don’t seek it. Which is why I gave him so many “outs”. Consequences are all that really matter, and him realizing he let the Light Borg get a massive foothold on Azeroth and starting crystalizing it … is a mistake that leads to consequences. While manipulated, it was his and others ambitions that allowed such a thing to occur … there’s nuance there.

The Lightbound are such an intriguing enemy because they don’t want to destroy, they want to “save”. Its very “convert or die” sure, but its compelling. Its an extremism of the Light that can really be subtle when it needs to be, and the fact that they can forcibly thrall and convert makes it even more so. Such a concept is for the Alliance to get some hits on the Horde, take some moral grey injections sure … but having Yrel and her Lightbound actually learn from the mistakes of the Iron Horde and use the faction that wouldn’t know any better to invade … so cool.

2 Likes

Galenhprn is simply talking about the fact that despite everything the Horde has done over the years, the faction is still relatively intact, when if consequences were allowed to matter the Horde would no longer exist as an entity, or at the very least be denounced by every neutral faction there is. He is simply frustrated that the Horde seemingly has been allowed to scapegoat Sylvanas, and I share that frustration.

5 Likes

Because this is a 2 faction game. That is the only reason.

Horde players did not have a choice in how the story went. It was either go along with it or not play at all.

:pancakes:

13 Likes

Vereesa is more or less understandable. Loosing somebody dear is something that is managable for some people, but there are also those who can no longer recover from it.

Jaina is odd. She is pro-peace, so I am really surprised why would she not go further. Like, admit the event, maybe try to offer something to families of those who died. She is the leader of Kul’tiras now, after all, so could afford it.

It’s not the only option. Could it work? Kind of. Not sure why would “evil light” be considered a better option than elves going into more empirialistic route or Anduin going to the dark side, but whatever. There is like half a dozen options that have basis in the story right now. But who knows what the devs would pick.

Sure, he can. Just be aware that there are other details about him too that make the choice of specifically Turalyon and “evil light” somewhat odd. Like, ok, you want that guy. Cool. I’m just pointing out that there are some… extra details. You can take them into account. You can ignore it.

But above all, if anybody would care about what I say, no need to rush, stay healthy, and good luck, have fun.

:hugs:

I would not say I totally dislike the idea of Turalyon being offender. I dislike the idea of him acting without provocation. And I am not sure why is it so relevant to focus on Turalyon and push him to a border of being out of character, when there are quite a few other options that are already in the story. Like those. Or these.

gl hf

Somehow this is still eluding certain people. Either they don’t understand or they truly believe the horde player base needs to be punished further for story decisions they had no control over to begin with.

6 Likes

Alliance players also had no choice in how the story went.

8 Likes

Besides Teldrassil, the expansion was entirely in their favor. They really have little to complain about. They won every single major battle of the war, lost none of their demi god heroes, got to beat up on the horde yet again.

While the horde gets told yet again why they suck for even existing, embarassingly loose every battle mattered and lost yet another iconic character to the villian bat.

So please, stop with the nonsense that the alliance are somehow victims. They aren’t

1 Like

How so? What was in their favor? And how does that dispute the fact the Alliance players had no control over the story?

8 Likes

Horde aren’t asking (demanding) the Alliance be dismantled.

10 Likes

That’s a very big besides, and it has not yet been resolved. I know there is a storyline in ardenweald but i’m fully expecting a “night elven souls are taken from eternal torment and sent to their afterlife, Tyrande loses her powerup” kinda deal, which is hardly sufficient. But hopefully i’m wrong.

2 Likes

Besides Teldrassil, the expansion was entirely in their favor. They really have little to complain about. They won every single major battle of the war, lost none of their demi god heroes, got to beat up on the horde yet again.

While the horde gets told yet again why they suck for even existing, embarassingly loose every battle mattered and lost yet another iconic character to the villian bat.

So please, stop with the nonsense that the alliance are somehow victims. They aren’t

In case you missed the edits.

1 Like

Except they are, just like Horde they are victims of poor writing.

14 Likes

Winning Dal’azor resulted in the Zandalari Joining the Horde. Winning Stormgard was told off screen and is offset by losing Teldrassil. Winning Darkshore was simply the Alliance not losing anymore territory. What exactly did they win?

6 Likes

The fight the Horde started…

4 Likes

Eh. From a certain I want to exterminate the horde but can’t point of view, maybe. The only ones with a legit gripe are the Night Elf and worgen fans.

The story had too little of logic in it. And that shatters suspension of disbelief IMO. My short list of odd things.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/shadows-rising-thralls-thoughts-on-tyrande/690114/391

Oh well, I hope people will prioritise good sleep, health and positive / interesting things, over negativity. That story was too bad IMO, so it could be a good idea to slowly but surely distance from all the mess.

gl hf

1 Like

BESIDES TELDRASSIL… yeah, just ignore that part and they aren’t victims. lol

5 Likes

Tell me, what did this victory give us? Name a single thing.

1 Like