Is AV Zerg really the version blizzard is releasing!?

Catering to people who only care about gear is precisely what led to retail. That is not what classic is about. Classic is supposed to make you work for it.

9 Likes

Okay? There are also people who prefer AV for other reasons besides gear.

It’s a fallacy to pretend the only reason people want 1.12 AV is for gear.

Get real, dude.

5 Likes

So you also claim the only reason anyone prefered 1.12 AV was because it was a faster way to get the rep gear?

It couldn’t possibly be because of the exact reasons blizzard stated when they announced they were using 1.12 AV and the exact reasons why it was changed in the first place during vanilla?

Many people genuinely just didn’t enjoy the earlier version.

1 Like

I enjoyed that version. The people that pushed for classic enjoyed that version.

1.12 av and CRBGs was the kind of attitude that lead to retail wow. We already have a version of that game already

15 Likes

No they absolutely won’t.

And honor, yes.

Blizzard’s reasoning was “we know what you want better than you.” The feedback clearly contradicts that. And it was changed for the same reason honor was changed to a currency: so people can get the gear before TBC comes out.
Aside from gear, I don’t see why people would enjoy the new AV if they didn’t like the old one. They just took out things people liked without fundamentally changing the format.

2 Likes

Are you saying that you are still simply trolling AV threads because you did not get your druid balancing changes?

3 Likes

Yeah, did they give a reason why? I’m so confused who the hell likes the newer version more

1 Like

Version 1.12 the most complete version of WoW - Blizzard

The reason is that it supposed to make AV marks easier to get. You see before BC came out, they changed the honour system from the bell curve grindfest to a currency system - you hand in marks and honour for gear. They had to make AV similar game lengths to the other BGs so theyd be equal so the output of AV marks would be similar to wsg and Ab marks

Before people did AV for the rep, not the honour.

1 Like

Exactly but people who do av don’t do it for the honor. It’s kind of like a niche type of pvp. It was its own unique thing and that’s why everyone loved it. I remember the first day it came out I was in awe would love to experience it again

2 Likes

The feedback from a handful of people contradicts that, but the overwhelming feedback during vanilla was to push towards 1.12 AV which we’re getting.

And the last major change to AV was actually 1.11 which pre dates the BC pre patch by more than 1.12. So it can’t even be attributed to prepping for BC or anything like that.

And that’s why they should simply offer both versions.

Everyone gets to be happy that way.

People who prefer 1.12 or just want the gear get their version, people who prefer the original get that.

1 Like

Look at Blizzard’s initial 1.12 AV announcement thread, and all the threads linking to it. You’re being willfully ignorant to call it a “handful of people.” It’s far more than anyone saying they prefer 1.12, let alone for the gameplay.

Yes many people whined for easier gear at some point in vanilla, and again that mentality is what led to retail. Old AV is more relevant to now, and to the classic experience that people are looking for.

Get your retail nonsense out of here. Battlegrounds are about everyone being on the same playing field, regardless of what their personal objectives are. Not only is old AV truer to the vanilla experience, and evidently more widely preferred, but it also forces the gear grinders to work harder for it, which again, is far more “classic.” 1.12 AV is on the same level of afking in warfronts. And before you claim that you afk more in the longer AVs, no, you afk more when it’s faster honor to just lose in 5 minutes than win in 10. (sorry I have to keep editing, my sub has 15 minutes left)

4 Likes

Youre living in lala land if you think ppl wouldnt take the path of least resistance. If they added LFG or LFR to classic almost everyone would use those features.

Even though ppl enjoy aspects of games they wont do it if it didnt rewars them properly

Ya good idea offering both versions would be a good solution

1 Like

The three major iterations of AV, original, after first nerf wave, and 1.11 AV all existed for very similar durations in vanilla. And 1.11 AV existed longer than the original. So no 1.11 is just as true to vanilla as any other version.

No a lot of people complained about the earlier versions for the exact same reason blizzard changed AV, there were too many NPC’s and they were too strong.

1 Like

The “original” didn’t exist for long at all. Either 1.5 or 1.8 are the most representative of vanilla, and not fundamentally different like 1.11. When they neutered the NPCs down to a skeleton crew, AV was homogenized with the other BGs and lost its appeal. Signing off, hope Blizz sees the light.

1 Like

But the 1.11 version existed for just about as long at the 1.8 version during vanilla.

So you can’t even make the same argument people use against CRBG’s. Sorry but 1.11 AV was there for a major chunk of AV’s lifespan and not just a quick addition at the end.