Is anyone having issues launching their game?

Unfortunately I can’t stop the service or the process. It says the requested control is not valid for this service. This is my personal machine, but I use it to remote into another pc for work so I don’t have any option to mess w/ sophos/hitmanpro. You would have my eternal gratitude of you manage to figure out w/ them what’s going on.

2 Likes

Well at least I can stop making this spreadsheet of the apps everyone has installed to find the commonalities. Nailed it at the start.

For those who can’t disable, reach out to them to let them know it isn’t working.

2 Likes

Could be, only been 2 people so far.
Hopefully some hotfixes will sort this out

A hotfix can’t include an exception in an antivirus, that has to come from the antivirus developer.

2 Likes

Very true, I can put in a ticket with Sophos right now.

7 Likes

Thanks for helping!

You’re also using Sophos. Read the replies above.

2 Likes

Ok yall, I put in a ticket with Sophos. I work for a Sophos partner so I put in a ticket straight to the Global enpoint protection team. Hopefully they resove this quickly!

7 Likes

You’re an absolute saint of a human

Damn! Thank you!!!

I’m at a loss how these updates have affected the launcher so weird.

Thanks all for this thread. I’ve been trying to figure this out with no luck too. I stopped Sophos from the startup apps, but can’t get the hitmanpro.alert service to stop. Still having the issue of not logging in. I just wanted to keep this thread going. Hopefully we can get this fixed soon.

1 Like

For the Not technically inclined with a microsoft windows computer.

1. press the Ctrl, Alt, Delete keys at the same time and the screen will turn blue and prompt you for which security measure you would like to use.
  2. Click on Taskmaster and the Taskmaster window will open on your machine.
  3. The fourth tab on the taskmaster window is Startup , click on it it will show a list of programs that activate when you computer starts up.
  4. Right click on the program you wish to turn off and click Disable. ( in this case hitman.pro)
  5. click on x and close taskmaster and restart computer

Wow should launch now when you click on Play

Sometimes patches make the game identify as a new program because of different permissions. After the recent patch, I had to grant access to Bnet through the Windows Firewall. Sophos doesn’t have permissions built in for the new WoW client; that’s why Blizzard can’t do anything to fix it—it’s a third-party app problem.

3 Likes

Read my whole comment. You can’t both be helpful and snarky at the same time. Cool it.

1 Like

Thanks for figuring this out for most people so far!

1 Like

I did read it, pointing out the solution to you is not being snarky. Don’t project the frustration of the situation on me lol

4 Likes

Any update from Sophos? I forgot to previously ask what kind of timeline you think we might be looking at if you have dealt with them before. Days, weeks? Thank you again for dealing with them.

2 Likes

Its definately HITMANPRO

1 Like

Hey Guys, Sophos got back to me and is requesting more info. If any of you would like to share you OS system that would be helpful. It doesnt appear to be getting identified as malware or a potentially unwanted app(PUA)

• Since when are you experiencing this issue?
• How many users are affected with this and do all OS versions face this issue?
• Attach a screenshot of hitmanpro blocking the application for endpoint and as seen on central
• Can you please see if the game vendor has provided a list of exclusions for the antivirus applications? Mostly, all vendors provide exclusion list so that their applications work fine with all antivirus softwares.
• Can you please share us the SDU logs from any of the affected device?
• What is the exact name of game and is there a specific path/process through which it is processed?

I am working on gathering info now.

It would be helpful if you all can tell me what os and version you are using e.g. Windows 10 or 11 or 8 of 95??

Also, I do not see in any logs wow being blocked so this is getting more complicated but I’m working on it feverishly. Ill update soon.

4 Likes

You can gather this from the other 2 people who shared files above (pastebin links).

1 Like