Is anyone else's troll male spell casting animation bugged?

My troll male will start casting Lightning Bolt with his usual hunched over, hands together way that he always does, but after a few casts he will instead stand up, like he would if I were not in combat, but the lightning will swirl around his hands then just shoot out at the target.

Is there a way to fix this?

2 Likes

My human mage is having troubles too. About half the time she does her usual spell casting animation, half the time she just stands there with her hands at her sides with the light swirling around her hands. Just noticed this today.

3 Likes

Exactly. That is what happens to my troll shaman too.

My Undead mage using deviate delight has been having the same issue. It’s not game breaking, but it’s noticeably annoying.

3 Likes

Same for my human mage. I’ve also noticed that the casting sounds for my frostbolts doesn’t end when I cast them repeatedly.

No idea what it means or if it matters though.

1 Like

My NE priest forgot how to animate smite. Pre patch must have broken something.

2 Likes

I’ve noticed this happening on my warlock when I proc nightfall.

I have also had this happen. Particularly with Lightning Bolt and HW/LHW

1 Like

I recently noticed this on my undead female and I hope they never change it. It looks so cool having my hands next to my side as they glow bright before I finish the cast.

Makes me wish retail would add a transmog option for animations.

Same thing is happening on this toon.

Cast anything enough times and my arms go limp.

same thing here

How are people not noticing this. Super annoying.

1 Like

I’ve been seeing this on my dwarf paladin, where he looks like he’s just standing but his hands are glowing. I just assumed it had to do with how quickly at the end of one cast/GCD I was tapping the button to cast the next. (Maybe some weirdness with the whole batch processing?)

It’s def happening to everyone, so odd

1 Like

its happening to my human mage! when casting the first spell it looks normal but after that its hands at her sides and they glow, but remain there. I thought my ui or something was borked so i reloaded it a few times. I also thought it was addon related so i disabled those but still its the same. It looks terrible and i wonder if others can see it too.
Bumping this up because the Classic team needs to have a look at this.
Its been like this for days.

1 Like

Yeah, I noticed this effect after the patch on my Mage as well. Since the patch outdated some of my add-ons I had thought it might have something to do with them, but I turned them all off and it made no difference. Something got broken with this last patch with respect to the casting animations.

Thanks.

2 Likes

I submitted an in game bug … maybe if more people do that it will help.

1 Like