Is Against Overwhelming Odds removed?

You’re the perfect player for warmode! You like the danger of the wpvp environment, and get enjoyment from it.

But I must ask, do you think the incentives should be trashed?

1 Like

We talked about this in the Q&A last week that if it does get offered again it will likely be a 385 item level reward.

1 Like

I kinda remember Bornakk’s old avatar was an orc. That could be misdirection or representation. Pretty sure Blizz employees play both factions like we do. Especially CMs so they can experience both sides.

1 Like

The problem is, players COULD pick it up for about 45 minutes when reset happened. So now you’re just screwing people over who weren’t on AT reset.

The real question is, why not have warmode on at all times? I do on my alliance characters, heck I did not even do the quest.

2 Likes

Oh definitely I don’t think there should be any incentive in WPVP. The only problem is in my opinion not as many Alliance enjoy WPVP and that we will always be vastly outnumbered in it. The 400 gear was just to good for them not to turn it on for a little bit.

What you want doesn’t matter. Farming and camping has been in wpvp since the game started. War Mode doesn’t change that fact.

4 Likes

Umm has PvP NOT awarded people with gear, titles, mounts, et al up to this point?

3 Likes

Why are you guys so stuck on the idea it has to be this way?

Also, why are you trying to impress this ideal onto others who don’t think that way?

1 Like

Go ahead and reduce the rewards and Horde will once again be the only one’s doing WM as a general rule. As it is, the reduction this week means when I log in my main I will be taking WM off.

3 Likes

What the hell did you expect, fair fights? This is world pvp, it’s designed to be as useless as possible.

Well Emissary rewards are capped at 385 (barring wf/tf). Most people won’t be replacing that welfare 400 piece from last week until the next tier…

1 Like

Do what you gotta do. This is why they never should have gave that level reward in the first place.

Stuck what way? Incentives for turning on War Mode? There shouldn’t be any, since they encourage people who only want the bonuses to turn it on. PvP servers didn’t have bonuses, after all.

Stuck with camping and farming? Blizzard permits it. Good luck trying to get them to change it.

Is it bad behavior? Yes. Wpvp, at its core, is about cruelty and selfishness. Does Blizzard know this? Yes. Do players take advantage of it? Yes. Do same players get their feelings hurt because “it’s just a game” when the cruelty is pointed out? Yes.

But they keep doing it, and Blizzard keeps enabling them.

If you want it to change, push Blizzard to remove all buffs from War Mode. “But it’ll be a ghost town!” Then it’s a ghost town.

2 Likes

well, we know how to get it back now do we alliance? /turns off WM and snickers

1 Like

Exactly, and on both sides. Keeping war mode on throughout 8.0 as Alliance when we were grossly outnumbered was great fun and a great challenge.

Some of us managed to keep a positive kill ratio anyway. Alliance who kept war mode on through the worst days of 8.0 really got a chance to hone our world PVP skills.

It would be nice to have some recognition that we managed to survive that, if Blizzard has the records. Maybe a title so I could recognize other Alliance who managed to survive the worst of the worst, so we could swap war stories.

2 Likes

I do agree that no bonuses are probably for the best in WM.

I do not agree that you guys are coming here and telling people “That this is they way of WM and wpvp”.

You too are also enabling it, the bad behavior. Don’t stomp down on people who want something more, people who don’t camp/farm.

Man, last week was tough. I play exclusively on war mode; questing on my horde characters was almost impossible. It was all the raids at the flight points that made it so frustrating.

1 Like

Yeah, but that required you to enter into an instance where both sides were balanced and compete for rating. 40 people sitting on a flight path killing afk people one at a time as they land isn’t the same as running RBGs and arenas.

What would be truly telling is if they kept the bribe in place but gave it to both factions at the same time. Then you’d have the mass influx of WPvPers from both sides.

I imagine the salt would get pretty entertaining when people who are only there for the loot actually had to bleed and die repeatedly to get it.

4 Likes