Is Against Overwhelming Odds removed?

That might be the way that they wpvp. I have always played on rppvp servers with a heavy emphasis on wpvp. We’d organize wpvp campaigns consisting of multiple guilds from both factions. Could have battle of 100 players or more. Not all wpvp is sitting on a flight path until you get your 25 kills and hearthing back to town.

1 Like

They give thus they take away.

More one sided participation trophies is the last thing we need.

Turning off warmode for a week to boost Alliance bonus back to 20%+ so I can get a free 385 piece for raid camping horde at flight points or Turtle WQs.

Sometimes it’s hard to get a tag onto them before they die, but I do my best.

Thanks Blizz for the free loot, I am highly incentivized to run a gank train on the Horde. No loot, no WM. That is all.

When WM was first introduced blizz said it was actually pretty even.

Wut.

2 Likes

I’ve heard good things about rppvp servers. I think I might transfer over to one, but I’d hate to lose my name!

/screams into the sky

I used to play pvp servers and other mmo with pvp before WoW. The incentive was always just to kill people for fun. It was frustrating and fun all at the same time. But the issue is that pvp is so Horde dominated that it really isn’t much pvp its just roam around for free in pvp mode with no danger with rewards. There has to be more incentive to get players from both sides to go to pvp mode so the actual pvpers have someone to kill. The reward should have been for both sides and more than a few kills. Whatever it takes to get people to engage in pvp longer than 10 minutes.

Tell you what…I’ll make the sacrifice for whatever PvP you need…haven’t had PvP on until now, but if you need an ally to kill, I volunteer. Understand, I’m lousy at PvP so it’ll be a quick kill, don’t camp me is all I ask.

That’s just typical Alliance saying one thing, but showing their true colours when they reveal they only do WM for the gear, and even than it is not like they do WM and get their kills out and about, they camp, get the quest and leave.

2 Likes

Worse yet: this is ‘working as intended’… yeesh

1 Like

I have not turned Warmode off on either my Horde or Alliance max level character. I really don’t understand all the complaining about this topic. Everything evens out in the end.

Anyone notice that Horde has like no mailboxes while leveling and Alliance has about 6 billion of them? What about Berserking for Trolls? Movement for DH’s ?There are a ton of inequalities in this game. There always has been.

Having said that, I play a Mage so I have no complaints.

They’ve never said, but I hope and believe how they count is by number of world quests completed with the war mode bonus active. Thus, if Horde complete 20,000,000 WQ with war mode on in the week and the Alliance 10,000,000, Alliance get 20% bonus the following week. This equalizes the total bonus over time for each faction, thus helping to equalize the ability to do well in mythic raiding and such.

This is what blows my mind about a lot of people. There were never any incentives to roll on a PvP server. Players did it for the thrill of world PvP, that was the incentive. I don’t understand why it has to be the opposite way now, and we have to bring in people who don’t actually want to PvP just to fudge the numbers.

4 Likes

Just to expand on this, there was a brief window after reset when Alliance could pick up the quest, and the rewards had been changed to a 385 warfront item, 50 Conquest, and some Azerite.

Having played my Horde Mage on Maelstrom (RP realm and connected realms) since launch, this isn’t necessarily true. It greatly depends on what server, or group of servers you are connected with. I was routinely steamrolled by packs of Alliance just trying to complete world quests.

Once I leveled my Alliance Mage on Proudmoore, it’s the total opposite. Yes there are times when I get killed, but Ally dominates that realm so much that it’s usually us doing the stomping.

BTW, everyone turning off WM to revolt because they don’t get a quest to pop is what is wrong with this game.

1 Like

I dunno why, but the Against Overwhelming Odds was available for the first half hour after the weekly reset, so some people got it, myself included, on two of my toons. To be completely honest, I had no idea you needed at least 20% to have the quest. I can confirm that the reward has been reduced to iLvl 385, down from iLvl 400.

The question is: will it stay at iLvl 385 for all Season 2, or will it be raised back to iLvl 400 when the weekly Conquest cap reaches iLvl 400 as well? IMO, it should follow the same standarts as the weekly CP cap: the first week should have been a ilvl 375 reward only (it would avoided a lot of drama), then 385 at second week and then iLvl 400 a few months later into the Season.

1 Like

was this ever documented anywhere? i had no idea this could even happen. i’m fine with the quest being gone this week since the balance is way closer, but it would have been nice to know about this in advance.

1 Like

wpvp has always been horde centric as most pvp servers were horde ones. and they legit camped ally. even in their home cities. ask someone who is alliance on illidan what it was like, for instance. the fact you think WM should be “fair” is hilarious. there is no “fair” in wpvp. it’s whoever is the majority ROLLS whoever isn’t. it’s always been that way and always will. you were part of the dominant faction in WM for a long time so it skews what you think should happen. but as far as being camped to the point you turn WM off? welcome to wpvp. also you used to not be able to turn it off. so you’d just log into a different character, and pray.

It wasn’t even numbers. It was even enough that Ion considered it reasonably even, but this is they guy who called a 55/45 win rate “incredibly” even. He’d probably call an 11-9 battleground reasonably even.

It was uneven enough that it caused the snowball effect to be grossly imbalanced. The sharding was changed in an attempt to fix the issue but the fact that the sharding change didn’t fix the imbalance should suggest that the sharding wasn’t really the issue.

1 Like

Through most of 8.0, I avoided most flight points, riding around on the ground instead. Over the past few weeks, it has felt like cheating to be able to use flight points again.

2 Likes