Is 1.12 an AQ and Naxx patch only?

It seems that these two raids will be some of the only two pieces of content not watered down by patch 1.12. This really isn’t a Vanilla experience in my view, and I think Blizzard should think about some tweaking to make all of the content viable.

6 Likes

Actually 1.11 was mainly because of tanking changes (aside from release of the actual instance). God knows what additional things they did in 1.12. I’m not sure how AQ40 was impacted. But I do know that we were all threat capped in AQ40 - mages anyway - pre 1.11.

Way, way late, my friend. They are already in beta and stress testing for the 1.12 build.

I do expect the dungeons and most of the raids to be easier than they were in Vanilla. This is because 1.12 contains all the big class revamps done in Vanilla and the gear revamp.

1 Like

They already said this is just supposed to be a museum piece. Put it out and done at the latest stage. Nothing more. It’s just supposed to show people what the game looked like at the start vs what it looks like now.

Yeah classic is going to be way easier than actual vanilla, Just go and read the patch notes for yourself. So much was changed including many nerfed raid encounters, the threat system, and basic class abilities that were buffed extremely.

1 Like

It’s going to be exactly like someone starting in the last quarter of the game and playing through.

And that’s a valid recreation.

5 Likes

There were indeed a lot of changes leading up to 1.12 but regardless of which patch they create their build around, this game is gonna be “way easier” than people remember. We the players are the reason Vanilla felt “Hard”, mechanically Vanilla was not difficult even early on.
I don’t get this whole “1.12 isn’t the Vanilla experience” or 1.12 isn’t “actual vanilla”, I remember playing back then through the patches I never thought “This doesn’t feel like the same game”. If people think the “difficulty” of Vanilla is the true “Vanilla experience” then they were gonna be extremely disappointed regardless of the patch.

4 Likes

Blizzard has already stated that they will not be tweaking numbers.

Even if everything was set back to exactly as it was MC would be dropped quickly. You can not erase knowledge and experience.

Yeah, how many people do you know who started in patch 1.12 and then cleared naxx? nobody lmfao

Considering there was only a small handful of guilds that did it period, thats not really a good barometer of anything.

1 Like

you should prob look into the topic a bit more before you make incorrect statements.

1.11 did nothing to threat.

It made shield slam a viable talent where before no tank ran deep prot because it was useless.

1.12 then nerfed passive threat reduction making it so they stacked less efficiently.

oh and deep prot isnt even the best threat build… so 1.11 did next to nothing to tank threat.

Who even had threat reduction abilities though? Priest with fade, hunter with feign death, and Rogues vanish?

anyone with a paladin… its not abilities that got nerfed its passive threat reduction that got nerfed. It all became multiplicative stacking instead of some additive and some multiplicative.

That was a flat % reduction though

which is what was nerfed…

Don’t remember it being nerfed. Pretty sure it was a flat 30% reduction until it was completely overhauled in an expansion.

It wasnt any one ability that got nerfed they changed how they stacked with eachother…

Lets look at an alliance shadow priest…

They have 3 threat reduction abilities
Blessing of Salvation(30%)
Silent Resolve(20%)
Shadow Affinity(25%)

pre 1.12 most reduction worked additive so you would have
100% - 30% - 20% - 25% or 25% total threat

post 1.12 all threat reduction modifiers were multiplicative so your total threat would be

(100-25) * (100-20) *(100-30) or 42% total threat

(Not all threat reduction was additive pre 1.12 it was mixed) however post 1.12 it was all multiplicative.

Eh explains why I didn’t notice it back then. Didn’t change much.

They are in beta huh… sounds like the perfect time to make some tuning changes such that the original difficulty curve is preserved and not completely trivialised by a final patch release.

Think about doing emerald nightmare with the equivalent fully unlocked 7.3.5 artefact weapons.