Is 1.12 an AQ and Naxx patch only?

Considering they already said there would be no number changes I wouldn’t hold my breath.

I am a veteran blizzard gamer of over ~15 years, I know better than to take them at their word, whatever is best for the game they will look into and any official statement is generally a community management exercise. “no classic wow will not have sharding, not now, not ever”… “ok so we need some form of sharding to ensure a smooth launch, we don’t know what form that will take but we want to ensure whatever solution we come up with stays true to the spirit of vanilla and is only a temporary measure till server populations stabilise”… “so we invented this new tech called layering, which will allow many instances or layers of an area while still keeping players from the one realm together” <-- literally sharding on a continental level.

Blizzard never said it would not have sharding, at least not that I can recall. The only statement i recall is that it might be needed unless they could find another solution.

They did however state there would be no CRZ or phasing, which are both different from sharding/layering.

1 Like

AQ was neutered by 1.11, that was the Naxxramas patch.

AQ 40 / 20 was the patch 1.9 if memory servers me correctly; there is quite a bit of time between 1.9 and 1.11

This does not make AQ 40 EZ mode, but it’s certainly easier than before 1.11; many players will fail to do the very basic mechanics and wipe the raid regardless of how easy it is.

This is made possible by 40 player raid size, and because you now have 40 places where things can go wrong instead of 25 it’s actually a difficulty level all of it’s own.

I believe i said tanking changes. I really don’t care what changed but all i know is that as dps, something huge happened.

1 Like

except for the fact that it didn’t

I know at one point they nerfed the agro from healing.

Yeah, two months from launch is the time to try rolling back to some arbitrary patch. Totally the same thing as “tuning”…

I can’t remember that either because they did that with Paladins pretty early to keep them from heal tanking.

Heh, you think it’s going to stop there?

Cant remember when but I 100% remember having something like 3-5 sunders on a mob and him still attacking the healer.

That had to be before I was playing :joy:

Keep in mind that they are implementing progressive itemization into the six phases. They did change stats to make things more powerful towards the end of vanilla, but we will be seeing the original iteration of items in phase 1, 2, etc…

I think I’m just reading it wrong but just in case I’m not.

They won’t add items until the content they came out with, but they will be in there final 1.12 form when they do come out.

correct, so items will be more powerful but the actual catch up gear will not be out until it should be.

Really now. Perhaps I read the blue post incorrectly. Going to check now.

Yeah I know the old itemization won’t be in.

sigh, you’re correct.

However, it seems that the changes really didn’t make items more powerful, but rather took away worthless things. It’s the “catchup” items that were more powerful, which will not come until later phases. I think things will still be difficult–the only way they will be easier is because we know the content.

1 Like

Yeah most of those won’t be out until a later phase. As far as the content goes, knowledge and experience will trivialize lots of things that used to seem hard. Well that and much better computers and connections.

The one actual nerf to the new gear stats is the +defence crunch that came in 1.07.

We have determined that the defense statistic was being applied to items too liberally, causing those items to be stronger than they should have been relative to other items of the same level with different effects. As a result, we have reduced the amount of defense points on all items with bonuses to defense by approximately 33% in order to bring those items in line with other similar items.