Ion's Covenant Response In an Interview Just Now

but we did accept them, we don’t accept new ones beside the ones we already have. doesn’t seem thatr hard, I’m not thrilled but can accept paying taxes, add another butch of them and you can bet I’m not gonna accept it.

1 Like

There is a zero percent chance of this happening. Too many features are tangled up with your Covenant for players to completely change their garrison structures, garrison followers, talent trees, gems in their talent trees, world quest outposts, Covenant-exclusive legendaries, and all the other things associated with Covenants.

That would make getting all of them pretty much required, which would probably be an untenable grind for 90% of the player base.

it sounds interesting, but it’s blizzard and blizzard are the worst at balancing and everything will be broken as usual

it’s the classic case of something that sounds amazing in theory, but no good in reality.

3 Likes

Hell yes, time for people to stick by their choices instead of obsessing over being optimal at everything.

If you want to be optimal at everything level 4 of each class : )

4 Likes

That’s how I feel. The daily chore is farm something to make your class viable to actually play the game. Or doing things to allow to flying and after this do the things you really want to do.
It’s just SAD.

1 Like

Well the Covenants and everything in SL is not an infinite grind and they said they aren’t forcing content on people which is good. People are more worried about the power behind covenants and whether or not one will be required in order to perform.

Or, and im just spit balling here, think of someone other than yourself.

3 Likes

As BFA has shown us, Blizzard doubling down and ignoring their high end playerbase always works out and they have never had to backpedal in later patches.

2 Likes

You say that like casual players enjoyed BFA systems. Very few people enjoyed BFA, not just hardcore players.

2 Likes

When has WoW ever had serious, grounded choices outside of what you pick at the character select screen?

1 Like

I do, I think of the people that care about RPG elements and RPG experiences that will get that ruined if Blizzard panders to the toxic wannabe elites who are meta slaves and cant play the game if they dont have the optimal set up

Their utterly unhealthy mentality is the problem, if you feel you cant play the game without bis, that is your problem

Right, but it’s usually the meta lords that figure out the problems months in advance.

/yawn, boring, not everyone cares about aesthetics.

That really is going to be horrible to have to skip if it’s not that great in practice. Looks like necros are going to be strong for tanking too so it’ll be interesting to see.

I don’t care if it’s strong honestly, it’s fun, and that’s what i play for :P, the necro one is cool and all, but it’s just another hammer, not a fan of freaking shields!

To me, it’s kind of force me to do some content.
I like to do some raids (not a world first) with my friends and when I should pick a covenant just because it will perform better it means my class is unfinished and as far I could understand the soul binds will have the same Legion system. It means I have to do chores to have a viable class.

He’s right use RPG elements to crush the endgame number chasing meta and if people don’t like it then they can unsubscribe.

Exactly, there’s too many wannabe elitists who are too lazy to actually level 4 of each class and these people will need to get used to play sub optimally or unsub

1 Like