Ion's Covenant Response In an Interview Just Now

You keep spouting these buzz words like its a instant win but imo its people like you that think there way to play is better than anyone else’s and refuses to even try to compromise that ruin the game.

4 Likes

I for one am shocked that people min-max in a competitive, team based online game.

4 Likes

Imagine thinking WoW is an ultra competitive game when the skill cap for most classes is pretty low and any other competitive genre from fps, rts to mobas require far more skill.
People are allowed to be competitive, they dont get to ruin the game because they obsess over competition, especially in such a 2nd rate skill based game

Buzzwords like these explain the issue, the issue is tryhard mentality that is causing issue, blizzard balances specs enough to be viable for a m15 and mythic raids, and that is enough

All I can say is, if you can’t change or make adjustments but are locked in on a choice then it will fail.

If they make a way you have to go to a far off NPC to make said changes and it cost gold that double each time, it will fail.

Has anyone else noticed that the game keeps getting worse and worse with each xpac since Ion took over?

5 Likes

Explain how making it easy to switch covenants or making them aesthetic only will ruin the game.

On their current path, they will ruin the game for people who participate in multiple areas of content at a high level.

4 Likes

Well while the classes themselves don’t have overly complex rotations, the game is hard for other reasons. Mythic raiding is hard because of mechanics and coordination, not because of class difficulty.

It’s still difficult, just in a different way.

2 Likes

Funny considering competitive people want more choices so people can do whatever, while elitists like you want to force everyone to play your way.

5 Likes

Legion was a top tier expansion, don’t know what you’re smoking.

Switching them wouldn’t, but making them aesthetic only would ruin the fun of them entirely for me.

If 20 players are semi competent it isnt that hard, that hardest part of mythic raiding has always been to find 19 other people on the same competent level.

A world first raider is nowhere near as skilled as a counter strike, dota, starcraft pro player and they even admit this themselves.

WoW is an rpg that went into the esport direction for profit, not because it fits or is highly skill based

rpg elements removed to serve wannabe elitists by definition ruin the RPG experience aka the experience the devs want for RPG players, tryhards who want to get a loadout and jump in and “win” are not rpg players

False, these people are ruining the game for themselves with their unhealthy mentality, their own mentality is the source of the problem.

Let’s say Necrolords have a strong Aoe focus while Venthyr has strong ST focus, me, a necrolords spriest will still be able to do mythic raids and time a m15

Meanwhile many meta slaves and wannabe elitists will cry and whine about how they cant do said content because they dont play most optimal build,

THEY ARE THE SOURCE OF THEIR OWN PROBLEMS.

Because it’s the argument of “RPG should have choices” vs the “I want to be BiS and Meta” crowd.

They fundamentally see the game differently and can’t agree on certain things.

Same for me. They’d be stupid and pointless if they were just aesthetic, being able to switch for a small fee and other stuff like that would be fine though.

So, if if I pick Necrolord on my tank druid I can enjoy being stuck playing with a far less fun experience as balance because I’m stuck into a choice for a single spec on a single class. Now I’d need characters per spec per class for when they nerf it, just to see if I have fun with the soulbinds and abilities.

4 Likes

I’m much more attached to the idea of playing a Warrior than I am to the idea of playing a character allied with Venthyr. Blizzard hasn’t really delivered yet on this premise of making me care as much about my covenant choice as I do about my class choice. Classes have much, much more going on from both a fantasy and a gameplay perspective than covenants do.

So no, I’m not going to think of my covenant choice the same way that I think about my class choice. I’ll pick whatever plays the best with how I want to play the game, and that will be it.

2 Likes

I ve agreed that this is a legit issue, each spec should be able to choose its own covenant imo exactly because of that, but covenants shouldnt be something you change willy nilly

Love to pretend I can balance 48 Classes, 144 specs, 432 spec/soulbind combination, if we consider each Covenant to be a pseudo-class choice lmao

3 Likes

This is absolutely insane. If one wants to switch covenants they shouldn’t be punished. This expansion SL was to be about “player choice”. obviously when it comes to Blizzards horrible track record, it ends up being false promises.

3 Likes

Very disappointing and the sole reason why I’m not purchasing Shadowlands.

3 Likes

Is what it is. An adventure mmorpg is not for everyone.

They successfully balance the specs to be able to do mythic 15s and mythic raids, that is good enough for many : )

If you cant play WoW without playing the most optimal build of optimus, that’s a you problem

2 Likes

These are advanced classes they can erase at the end of SL; not so if they make them advanced classes in name, too - imagine the uproar.

2 Likes