Ion says pvp participation is doing well

The store and microtransactions alone won’t sustain the game at the level we know. Less players = less microtransactions sold = less development = less players = less microtransactions sold = you get the point.

Soo… it was never fine. I get it.

Was fine in MoP and expansions before that.

3 Likes

Let’s be honest, the boat mount should’ve been the Kul Tiran rep mount.

It was put in the store to make money.

Give alliance different skinned horses, and then put the nice mounts in the store

1 Like

can i have all your horses pls.

They’re not good looking. My void elf looks unnatural riding one

i’ll take them then. what do you want in trade?

Even if I could, you wouldn’t look good on the horse mounts. The character models don’t ride them properly

my ground and flying mounts are horses. -.- my class/class hall mounts. horses are my favorite mounts in the game. i wish i could have the gilnean horses for my horde. :frowning:

1 Like

Wrath shadowmourne 1 shotting people till end of the expansion was fine then plus tanks 1 shotting people through half the expansion was fine even though they geared hard from raids with +block, got it.
Cataclysm RPM/RPD dominating in every single aspect was fine plus rogues with the legendaries daggers and casters with legendary staff and PvE trinkets were soo much better than PvP ones.
World pvp was killed off in MoP giving base resilience to all players making PvE gear much better than PvP gear to world pvp. Thing was soo bad that they had to artifically lower ilvl from pve gear and their trinkets stats/effects so they wouldn’t steamroll pvp players.
Burning crusader had most variety though, a shame SL/SL locks with pve trinkets, healers with pve trinkets and pve staff clearly made pve gear better to pvp too.

The entire history of the game pve gear always surprassed pvp gear unless they made stupid decision and clunky mechanichs such as create invisible debuffs for healing and gear gimped in MoP or the ilvl scaling out of nothing from pvp gear in wod.

Legion everyone was equal, pve gear couldn’t do anything because trinkets, legendaries and /use effects were disabled but people complained too about it

PvP community is a lost cause.

Ion should basically be ignored. His entire purpose is misdirection and putting lipstick on budget driven decisions.

1 Like

What is it you think I’m salty about? I’m just curious. I’m not upset about the game. I mean, I could list some things I’d like to have changed but I’m not freaking out about anything. I’m not chicken little about the level squish. I’m not raging and proclaiming I’m quitting because the game is bad. So I got nothing. What is it that I’m supposedly salty about?

Nah, just more complaining about the state of the game by the vocal minority.

Honestly I think they use the forums as a tool to distract people and give them a place to vent and nothing more or less. They’re never going to take meaningful feedback from the forums. If anyone comes here raging and expecting Blizzard to make changes they have some seriously out of line expectations.

I mean, we could all play nice on the forums, have massive discourses wherein we talk about hypothetical systems we’d love to see implemented, where we’re all civil to each other with zero snark, and it would amount to nothing. If Blizzard wanted to engage us they could. They don’t. If they wanted feedback on things they could have it, and they could interact with our feedback and guide our responses. They don’t. They aren’t interested in our opinions here. Hell, I used to waste my time writing up large posts of feedback on what I’d like to see change or what’s frustrating to me with various classes or systems. Go take a look at how dead the class dev forum is. People have just given up. There’s just no point in trying to give feedback.

1 Like

You know what the funny part about all of those things were Rick? During all of the those expansions from MoP back, PvP was on the rise.

It was only until WoD where the burnout began due to lack of content and trying to cram Ashran down everyones throat. It was also when CRZ started becoming an issue since the Group Finder was added to the game and people could abuse phase hopping. Then Legion decided to remove the vendor which was a massive blow to the PvP community. And BFA continued to ignore the issues from previous expansions.

And I wholeheartedly disagree that MoP is when World PvP died. On my realm it was one of the best expansions because of World PvP alone.

2 Likes

I mean if you think the game is fine then more power to you. That doesn’t mean that others who don’t should just remain silent and say nothing about the things they dislike about it.

4 Likes

Excellent troll post. Kudos!

It was on steady decline since wrath. % of participation keep going up and down but the streamline is clear.
WoD had higher pvp participation than MoP because pvp gear was extremely acessible. If it was good to world pvp for you in MoP then you had pve gear, for anyone whom just pvpd it was a nightmare.

Vendors didn’t make sense in Legion because gear was unimportant and you still could get full pvp if you pvpd.
It is also truth that only in Legion and Bfa pvp gear can be of the same ilvl of a heroic/mythic raider and drops more frequently than heroic/mythic raider loots.

And despite the outcrying, you gear faster and get the better upgrades right at the start in BfA PvP. In MoP and backwards you would only get your weapon at week 3 and other major upgrades ate week 5 and 7 if you geared right with an average rating.

In doing damage. Which was the trade-off for using PvE gear in Wrath/Cata. You were a glass cannon, but did more damage. And you could still easily get r1 with full PvP gear. Hell, people got glad in wrath with honor gear. And even still, most of the time people didn’t use full PvE gear aside from ArP stacking warriors in Wrath, and they were squish as hell as a result.

And in MoP/WoD PvE gear didn’t matter at all aside from a few outliers, which were mostly BoE like the scabbard in WoD.

Now though, PvE gear has literally 0 downside. It’s completely better in every way, especially CoS stuff with procs. There is absolutely no reason to wear PvP gear unless you need a trait combo that only appears on it.

1 Like

In surviviability too because PvE trinkets were must have. The absorb trinket form wrath which was the top trinket used throughout the entire season is pretty much major proof of it. Same for ICC caster weapons. Same for legendaries. Same for PvE bonus gear pieces.
MoP PvE gear was scaled down in instanced pvp because it was too much better since everyone got a base resilience.
Wod had clunky mechanich of scaling up pvp gear on pvp combat which was also bad.

PvE gear has no downsides now because PvP gear drops more frequently and can scale to mythic level depending on your rating. Which was impossible before.
And Now you still get the better upgrades(weapon/head/chest/) at the starting weeks instead of having to save conq points for couple of weeks to get major upgrades.

I don’t believe the decline statement at all. Unless you have some kind of metric that’s legitimate that says that this is the truth, then I have a hard time believing you.

And no I didn’t have 1 piece of gear from PvE. From Cata through WoD all I cared about and did was PvP. And with all the tools that we had at our disposal you could easily shut down a PvE player.

And no again, no PvP vendors in Legion made absolutely no sense. It was so bad that even Venruki, one of the hosts for the main arena tournament at Blizzcon, made a thread talking about how bad it was.

There’s really no defending this change because in WoD they actually got PvP gear down packed with the ilvl scaling system in PvP combat. With that you were put on the same playing field as PvE players within all forms of PvP. So they already had a system that worked.

It doesn’t matter if you had to wait a few weeks to get your weapon. The anticipation leading up to you gathering points to obtain a piece of gear has far more weight to it than just getting one through shear RNG. And babying them like they do in BFA because they “don’t want players to make the wrong decision” is just dumb.

And to make matters even worse, the best gear for PvP comes from PvE. What fun.

The world is on fire, meteors are impacting Earth and causing earthquakes and tsunamis, volcano’s are erupting and all life as we know it is coming to an end

Blizzard: Everything is fine!

6 Likes