Ion Promised Us More Server Connections After BlizzCon '19

During BlizzCon 2019 Ion mentions (from a question) that he’d bring it up with the server team within the next week and do it as soon as they can. However, it’s been four months and we have yet to hear anything. What server do you play on that you believe needs to be connected to one or more?

Cenarius-US desperately needs it. Any updates? Please and thank you!

Edited to clarify post and add video for context.

17 Likes

Did he mention which BlizzCon? 2020…2021…2022???

3 Likes

Thanks and sorry, edited for year.

1 Like

Pretty sure most servers need it at this point.

12 Likes

oh boy…
here we go again.

no, he didn’t say that, because no servers have ever been merged.

a connection is not a merge.

1 Like

I agree besides the major populated ones. I wonder why they keep adding new player realms if they don’t fill the old ones up first?

5 Likes

yep. I left Cenarius a while ago, it was in a bad spot then I can only imagine it’s worse now.

Blizzard’s refusal to take any action is shameful.

3 Likes

Okay, whatever. You know what I meant.

8 Likes

I know my old realm “Burning Legion” needs some love. I still have a few 90 toons on there that I use for extra MoP boss kills and I can sit in Org for 10+ minutes and not see a thing in trade chat.

2 Likes

…and you believed him?
oh sweet summer child.
Skäl
:beer:

10 Likes

I mean for something that was said at BlizzCon? Yeah.
My server is pretty bad and only getting worse. The economy is garbage and there aren’t really any Mythic progression guilds left. Just trying to get the team to remember and address it.

1 Like

They should just make one giant server with some sort of phasing

4 Likes

Yep, also I’m pretty sure he said he’d look into it and connecting more servers is something they wanted to do in the future. I don’t remember anything about that “he would have more information shortly after the event”.

1 Like

Pretty sure he said that he would, I’ll try to find the clip.

They’re called megaservers, ESO utilizes them. Works really well as far as I know.

5 Likes

Would save me a lot of money as I plan to xfer all my toons to 1 server eventually

Probably my biggest problem with this game is the prices of the character services. 25 bucks per transfer is absolutely absurd. I don’t care how dead my server gets, I’m not paying that much.

11 Likes

Yee it is absurd. Although once I get on a healthy server I’m pretty set. I just am a sucker every once in a while for certain necessities back in mop I had all my toons on same server it was amazing and the server was healthy. Costs a lot tho for sure.

During the Q&A he mentions (from a question) that he’d bring it up with the server team within the next week and do it as soon as they can. Surely they should’ve provide some update by now. :sob:

Srsly I’ve wondered about this too.

Plenty of time has passed…

We need an update!

1 Like