Ion doesnt think people will be declined from pugs due to choices they make

Not being mean but why do some people think that their personal opinions are somehow greater then the rest, and instead of posting in one of the all ready 100 threads about the topic, They start a new one…

4 Likes

A very ironic statement from the GM of Elitist Jerks.

34 Likes

I just keep thinking one is going to be super over powered for months, and before its nerfed it would just be silly to take someone who doesnt have it.

4 Likes

Except not everyone will be using it regardless so you will be able to find groups of “non venthyr M+” (as an example)

they dont see posting a new thread as them having a better opinion. im not sure why you would assume they do. everyone knows posting in the middle of a 300 count thread is a dead post.

6 Likes

The other aspect of this is the relative abundance of players via cross-realm group making. If we were all server-locked and forced to spam in /2 to make our groups… we wouldn’t care that much about it. But since at the touch of a button I can get 20-30 dps to sign up… why wouldn’t I select the one with the “correct” choice.

Just like how people nowadays wait for high ilvl and high IO players to queue up. I don’t doubt that this’ll be another knob by which players evaluate their candidates.

It really will all come down to how impactful these abilities are in the long run. If they’re like races, then Ion is right… very few people screen players based on chosen race. If they’re like essences… then ya… I absolutely expect people to be screened on these.

9 Likes

You’re a windwalker monk rather than a havoc dh. Do you get into groups now despite being a worse version of a class with similar abilities?

It’ll be fine.

4 Likes

Thats why im still playing monk, I like the way it plays but its one of the worst classes at the moment. Im just getting sick of trying to ring out every bit of performance I can just to keep up with my friends.

1 Like

I’ve run hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of raid and M+ pugs in BFA. I’ve never once been asked what my talents/azerite traits/essences/corruptions are. Not once. Never. Not a single time.

5 Likes

They don’t need to ask, there’s addons that tell them.

5 Likes

LOL no. You know how hard it is to get into a group as a WW monk? I would rather be stabbed with a hammer than to pug on my WW. Im actually a MW i was running as a WW last night with friends.

12 Likes

Iunno, ask enhancement shamans at the start of the expac, or feral druids throughout the expac.

Both specs that can definitely pull similar numbers as havoc DH’s, but both of which have definitely seen the pug community shun them throughout the majority of the expac.

5 Likes

I haven’t had a lot to complain about this expansion (arms warrior), but I’m the same way. I just pick whatever spec feels more fun levelling and roll with it until the end of the expansion.

the only time I’ve swapped due to numerical concerns was in Legion when I got a bunch of items that really, really pushed me towards going arms.

1 Like

I don’t think it’s so bad. I mean I get in groups on my frost DK and SV hunter alts. I can’t imagine others are looking for those and avoiding a ww monk. :stuck_out_tongue:

Interesting. Which addon, and how ubiquitous is it?

I mean, going from the worst dps to one of the worst healers isn’t much of an improvement :stuck_out_tongue:

(this is sarcasm, i rather like when people play what they want)

Pretty sure raider io addon does it off the bat.

Well, the solution would be the same as it is now in creating your own group. :woman_shrugging:

It’s going to happen. It’s the nature of the community.

To me the worst case scenario that (I’d hope) would never be allowed to happen would be that you’d need different characters to play the same spec in both, say, pve and pvp.

If you limit things like this too much, especially with a fast new leveling curve, rolling an alt in a different covenant may be bonkers but under the worst circumstances preferable to taking a performance hit.

PUG Leader: LFM ilvl 420, must be able to burp the Gettysburg Address in Russian, personally knows singer/songwriter Meatloaf, once cooked dinner with Wolfgang Puck (link recipe), and can mend my broken marriage, PST waitlist (will be checking credit score.)

Ion: “This is fine, good thing they weren’t judged on their Covenant choice!”

19 Likes