IOC Horde boss killed waaaay too fast

I’ve played a lot of IOC (and lost being Horde) and I’ve seen the Horde boss go down fairly quickly due to the exploit of pulling him to the wall and using a demo to hit said wall from outside but this last one by the time they started him to winning it was less than 30 seconds. They didn’t even have a full group in the room. The only thing I could see in the courtyard was a glaive thrower so can that take a boss down that quickly? And why is that even allowed when the Horde can’t do that with the Allied boss? Who designed this lopsided BG anyhow? I hope they were fired ages ago.

6 Likes

As the game director stated today, casual BGs are meant to be fun and hop around in and not taken too seriously. Don’t expect anything. I mean, it took 14 years for a snowpile at SHGY.

7 Likes

fun can be had in fairness and even playing fields like the vast majority of competitive sports - crazy concept, I know, but it’s worked for several thousand of years

2 Likes

I’m not disagreeing with you. I’m just telling you how it is.

And it just happened again. Never saw a boss go down this fast but these last 2 IOCs the boss was done within seconds of the gates going down. This time they had a siege and glaive thrower outside. Couldn’t even get from the tower to the base before it was over unlike previous games. The last couple times we actually won when the Horde was on their boss dropping bombs it still took quite a while. Way to make it fair, Blizz.

Sounds fair to me

Sounds like you need more greater heal on boss.

or walls to act like walls

4 Likes

Crazy talk.

4 Likes

What is preventing you from killing the siege vehicles so that they can’t be used on the boss?

(Also, this same thing works for Horde, it’s just harder to achieve)

Has anyone checked if Greater Pyro is doing percentage based damage to the bosses?

If that is the case then 3 casts would be doing the trick.

It does not. Tried, for science.

3 Likes

It also doesn’t work on siege vehicles. (I saw a post saying it does somewhere on these forums)

I knew that was too good to be true.

:expressionless:

Sounds like a lrn2play issue to me. Git gud.

Another alliance privilege thread

2 Likes

He does seem to go down faster than a prom dress. :thinking:

True. But you remember that!

Because the vehicles are usually defended (especially if the gate only went down seconds before so the courtyard would be swarming with Alliance) and even if they were completely unguarded it takes longer to destroy one than it does for them to kill the boss.

3 Likes

Prob is the majority of pvp is in reg bgs as they are or were fun — ie the mahority of subscriptions

Blizz has this esport vision they r trying to force.