Invincible Farming

you need trust level 3
here:

Imgur

if Aedryens first kill was july 31, 2017… and there have been 294 lockouts between then and now, minus the 2 years you didn’t play during MoP, it leaves about 190 lockouts… with 334 runs? :thinking:

i guess my math is wrong.
it’s way past my bed time.

you’re right.
…but the good citizens of GD are somewhat prone to exaggeration. :stuck_out_tongue:

Sub 1% drops are just outdated and don’t belong anymore.

How are you able to keep the raid on a 25 man? Each time I set mine to 25 and zone in I always see a red 10 in the top corner.

I remember deleting that character and restoring it as well as a lot of faction and race changes over the years. Possible that some of the achievement dates got screwy with all of those. Who knows?

Also, MoP was released before WoD after Cataclysm.

Are you sure it hasn’t dropped?

Maybe you just didnt see it. It is invincible after all

5 Likes

Absolutely positive, besides that first time, long before collections was a thing and the raid leader passed it to the next highest roller upon my broadband internet router needing a reset, nope. Still greyed out in my collections.

Or just do like FFXIV EX trials, where every clear rewards a token or two. Tokens can be used to buy the drops from that boss (10 for gear, 99 for mounts) so even if you get SUPER unlucky with drops or loot rolls you’re still guaranteed a mount after 50-99 kills.

1 Like

I got it on my first raid I could solo ICC 25h.

I got Ashes of Al’ar on my first run. I didn’t even want it really. Just was after the talon fist weapons that dropped off the first boss and decided to clear the raid anyway. Maybe this is what I get for getting a 1% drop mount on a first run of a different raid that i didn’t care about getting.

1 Like

Nope, it was my story as well until about 3 months ago. It was kinda sad that the feeling I had when it dropped wasn’t “YES ! ! !”. It was “thank god this is over”.

I still haven’t chosen another weekly disappointment…

1 Like

Either your numbers are false or you are running it on the wrong difficulty.

You really think bad luck isn’t a thing with RNG? lol. I JUST found out about the Rarity Addon a few days ago to track how many times I’ve killed a NPC for a loot roll(ie: Huolon)

I had 77 kills against Nightbane in Kara before the 19% droprate mount finally dropped. I have been farming Huolon off and on for 8 years+ and no mount drop. Same with Firelands/Deathwing. Tons of runs, no mount. Bad luck exists. This also goes for Galleon, Sha, Nalak and the Oondasta. no drops over multiple years and multiple alts running. I got the High Society Tophat(that won’t sell lol). Bad luck exists.

1 Like

I would guesstimate it’s been about 300ish runs for me. I have not actually counted, it could be closer to 200 or 400. It’s something I just do once in a blue moon. I have gotten Shadowmourne three times though!

I can’t complain though, I got Ashes of Al’ar one day on a whim, not even intending to farm it. Probably my 3rd clear ever.

That’s dedication. I wish I could give you mine, you deserve it way more than me.

I was curious so I checked my Lich King Kills across the only 3 characters I could have got Invincible on (forget which it dropped for). 13 total kills, 7 on heroic. I was only there for Tier set mogs.

Scroll up and see my statistics screenshot. Clearly states Heroic 25 Lich King kills of 334.

I disagree. You were lucky. It’s rarer than you were assuming. I think the median would be about 175. I got it in about 125 kills.

I think the OP has fewer kills in than she thinks. It only seems like hundreds of thousands of kills.

I think in Blizzards eyes its currently “working as intended”. Some of you mentioned you have been farming these mounts for years, so its obviously part of the reason you are still playing.

This model makes sense for games that require a monthly sub. Its possible it might be included into future trading post rewards? And because there are so many other mounts available that are easier to get i dont think they care leaving this one as rare as it is.

You need a new alt, probably on a different server. You have to shuffle your RNG a little.

What they did with Legion legendaries is after you reached a certain number of attempts in qualifying content, the next attempt would get you a legendary drop.

I know attempts on flametalon of Alysrazor didn’t display correctly for me.