Introducing the Trading Post!

i left a ticket, and says 4days, wtf …used to be a day, guess they fired everyone so only 1 or 2 working tickets , also i havent gotten my mount, currency for over a day now, even though finished it the first day the 1000 traveler points, and now i get this message when trying to buy anything :frowning: "there was an error communicating with the server, please try again later" OMFG

Gnomey faces! Gnomes gnomes gnomey faces! Gogogo!

1 Like

The Trading post is a great example of a company showing how much it cares IMO.

Let’s take a look at wow’s history and how the expectations of how a company can fundamentally change. As time went on we’ve seen more and more things get added and the time taken to correct a situation changes, Like for example reck bombs were fixed pretty quickly. Then we get stuff like the trading post where, at least to me, is a great addition to the game then we weigh in on how worthwhile it is. Now sometimes it’s very easy to tell someone or a company that something isn’t good NOT because the idea is bad, but how it’s implemented or how it’s functioning is poor. Now I know I didn’t really give a history outside of reck bombs, which I’ll admit is pretty weak, but it also makes me feel like it’s hard to feel like this isn’t a pretty big ball drop for system implementation. The only comparisons I’d feel are close would be you enter a raid and you get to the first boss and he just doesn’t activate, you try everything and it just sits there, so you read online and some rids experienced it and others didn’t. Maybe you do kill the boss and it just doesn’t drop anything… Do you see my point? Kind of?

To me the trading post is a great example of what we’re okay with from expecting rollouts from companies… toss it out and deal with the fire. With the number of complaints on what is and isn’t working with the trading post it feels like they did little to no testing on a feature that SEEMS like it should have a formula written for… maybe it’s just me but account-wide stuff isn’t new, chest looting isn’t new, an achievement like progression ISN’T NEW. I would have fewer problems with this if it was significantly fewer people experiencing the frustration that is this new feature along with it being only a few problems and not a handful.

I can’t say what hardships, if any, are ongoing at blizzard nor do I have any idea of what’s expected by the company from shareholders etc. This is just my personal views and experience with the company I just don’t want the player base and myself to keep getting let down slowly and become more numb to the expectations as we have.

After all is said and done I know the Trading Post and the Crafting order system can work, especially in wow, but… we need to work on working out systems a bit better. I look forward to exciting future features and expanding on old ones as they have, we’ve come a long way and still have a long way to go. :slight_smile:

Any chance for a feat of strength for completing all log entries (each month?)

It is a great way to get collectibles, but make sure it works first. I still haven’t received the mount for completing the log entries for the month. It feels like putting money into a vending machine and the chips get stuck at the top. Good Job for trying to create a fun experience for the ppl that love to collect items in WoW!!!

Not sure if I missed it or not but do the points carry over if we dont spend them all?

Yes points carry over from month to month. So don’t worry about spending them all if you don’t see anything you wanted. ^^

This ain’t a trading post :angry:, its a shopping list of deeds

Before I drop the “WTF’s” wanted to see what I’m missing… Does Trading Post update every 30 days or on the 1st of the month? I saw an update just DL, but nothing has changed in the TH. There are not thousands of other toons standing in front of it, i 'm Z +4 hrs. time zone! I can’t seem to find anything posted on the items of March?!?.. I do have a new “WTF” MOAB ready just in case!!

Fix: and\an …

Prob gotta wait a bit til its more daylight out

OMG “Wait” is such a dirty word!!!..lmao!!

I’m sure just like almost everything else in this game, the new March items will appear after the daily reset.

From wowhead,
Daily Quest Reset

4 hr 42 min

As of right now.

Then why did the monthly quest to report too the Trading post come up at 5:30 AM EST March 1st for me…shouldn’t have that quest be held off till reset?

1 Like

Yeah. I went to the trading post, turned in the quest and looted 500 tenders from the chest. But I don’t think the tenders were added for me. I don’t know if anyone had the same issue.

I didn’t get any either…I only spent 750 last month of the 2,000 I had for the Orge Battle pet…that dang quest shouldn’t have popped up before the reset it throws player off like this…I hope when reset happens in a few hours I’ll have 500 tender to collect from the chest or Blizzard going to get a lot of angry tickets about that now.

2 Likes

The quest came up but I wasn’t able to loot the chest. This company is so incompetent.

1 Like

The quest shouldn’t be coming up before the reset of the month …its bad juju…

2 Likes

The new months quest didn’t come up. The one you turned in was the completion of the quest for February.

Got the quest as soon as I zoned in to Org. @ 6:30 a.m. EST. Went to the trading post and the chest was lit up white. I turned in the quest first and immediately the chest lost it’s white halo. Cannot loot it nor did I get the traders tender.

Edit - This took place this morning, March 1

Uh I already did Feb’s, you know, Feb 1. This was the new one.

Why even reply if you don’t know what you’re talking about.