Introducing the Trading Post!

Add another AH mount

1 Like

Pretty much a great way to keep people active in game. I would like to see more general gameplay stuff, but this is a great start.

Interface changes I’d really like to see added. A tab that shows what items have previously been available to see what we’ve missed or even just show pre-emptively what things might be coming.

FOMO is a big complaint I’ve seen and knowing what stuff has left and if and when we might see it again could incentive people to not feel like they can’t take a month break from the game.

All in all I love it. This is absolutely a casual players dream.

2 Likes

I know how people struggle to achieve certain marks. Two of my older brothers are very, very good PVPers here in Europe. But even they agree that certain FOMO vanity items should have never removed because of how a stupid concept it is in the first place. And they also lament that regular people are thrown over the ship by not updating the old mount models with the rated PVP ones. A big reason they haven’t even played Gnomes before were the the hideous ground mounts they have and they only gained an interested after they unlocked the superior “regular” model, which isn’t accessible for regular players, which should have NEVER happened in the first place.

And your effort put into getting a thing does not matter. I didn’t matter also for me. It took me +2 months to get the Shado-Master title and in the grand scheme of things, it means nothing, because I don’t own it, I just leased it according the contract. All what I have left is the feeling of accomplishment but not the reward itself.

This idea of “being proud” can only be used in actual RL-situations. This is a game and in the end, it means business for the company to keep players playing the game, until the servers dry up, land on the maintenance mode or even get closed. The game design fosters toxic behavior towards people who either came too late or are too young and this is not a good game design. Nobody cares if you have achieved something, because people are egoistical creatures, so they want to have it for themselves.

What you actually want is recognition through others and how strong you are. Some will give it to you, most of them today will resent you for having something they could also have gotten but aren’t allowed to. And that’s the key point here: The game has an ever-changing demographic and why should you have something to you alone while they are also capable in doing? CM-suits, pre-Expansion events, etc.

At the same time older FOMO-stuff needs to be made accessible for people who simply don’t have the skill or time, because due the age of the item, the low quality standards back then and the lack of updating older graphics.

I really don’t feel entitled but it feels right to participate in something and help people who are denied having regular game vanity items, they are not allowed to have. People who have been reading me for a long time also know that I defended the Alliance High Elf community from the toxic Blood Elf circle, who denied them a standard fantasy trope which is part of their lore since WotLK out out of spite. As it turned out, Blizzard did listen and they added the subrace to the game, cementing, that people do know what’s best for the game.

The community managers gather their feedback not only from the forums but many places - and I can tell you right now, that most players do not accept this FOMO-stuff anymore, because it’s limiting and punishing for several demographics at the same time. You may disagree that everyone should get a better access but given how old the game is, entitlement for something you don’t actually own is somewhat misplaced in the first place. Enjoy that you already have it and let others enjoy items they want to have. It doesn’t affect you but only your ego, when someone else could do a challenge and pick the very same reward you have chosen so many years ago.

3 Likes

im not reading all that

5 Likes

Simply put; you should stop trying to wave that e-peen over others when you have something others don’t. It’s a game, for crying out loud. This attitude from a lot of people of wanting things to be rare etc are from older folks who are still acting like they are 12.

It’s a friggin game.

No one cares when you hop around in the next airport hub with your rare mount. Honestly, no one does.

3 Likes

Nope! I hope they dont fix anything you named. I want you to get very VERY angry!!!

No! I dont want them to fix it. I want to see you rage and destroy your PC. I think that would be better!

Actually I do.

As long as they leave CMG and Elite sets out of this i’m happy. :slight_smile:

Blizz really going hard on the useless transmog gear. I would rather scrap this and add more haste/mastery gear to the gear pool and stop making 10 diferent options for every gear slot for dracthyrs with all the crit/whatever gear.

While I do like the idea of bringing past items and store stuff to this trading post, I do hope you are not only doing this to introduce FOMO once more, in order to keep collectors subscribed to your game. That would be a really cheap move.
So I really hope that the items in the trading post are returning after some time and aren’t a one time chance.

This is a childish refrain.

I can do replies too without elaborating.

I am hoping to see mounts like the Fel Drake. I am mad that I missed the Twitch Fel Drake Drop. Maybe mounts like that could cost more than other mounts in the shop. Also maybe some raid boss Mounts that would cost more too? It seems 1000 is the max for the Month? So i’m not sure if that would roll over to the new Month and go beyond 1000? So maybe raid mounts could cost 1000-2000 currency? I’m fine with that. I’d just keep rolling over currency for Mounts.

Every godamn time there is somebody that wants those items. You had your chance 1 month ago, even less. JFC this is entirely your fault.

Give us new mounts and mogs let’s leave timegated content timegated FFS.

1 Like

No…we wouldnt. lol.
Some would no doubt. Most wouldnt.

1 Like

I dont see any trading post there. When does all this happen?
Im all for more content, more options, more things of interest in the game.

i’ll think about it

Edit: ive thought about it and i can honestly say i derive my personal worth based on what i have that others don’t. so no i wont.

Edit 2: the more items you have in game the better you are as a person.

Take my money. Take it.

Blizz put the Mop challenge gear in the trading post!