Introducing the Trading Post!

I am ALL FOR this new thing in game.

I second this! Would also like to see flying enabled for Silvermoon/Eversong.

3 Likes

The trading post would also be the perfect place to add recolors and unused appearances for mogs and mounts.

Perhaps there could even be a monthly poll that allows players to vote in their favorite unused appearance, winner is implemented into the trading post.

1 Like

Will this be battlenet account bound like battle pet stuff ? Or will it be Like if you have 2 wow accounts on the same battle net, will you get 500 each month for each wow account ?

It’s probably Battle.net account bound. It’s intended to be impossible for players to get every offer in a single month.

It’s a system intended to get players to play the game regularly.

You realize that life changes when you get older? I approach my mid 20s and I can already tell by seeing my environment that this isn’t going to stay like this: “Doing the content”. People are tired of work, of studying or just having a life.

The point is: Nothing should ever be locked, because it’s bad game design. New players should always have a shot on getting stuff they were too young/not born yet. Same goes for older players who had do prioritize their life instead of a game. Just because you can sit all day playing a game with the name World of Warcraft, it still not justify that people should miss out because of bad game design.

Blizz, bring back the mohawk grenades!

2 Likes

They’ve already said the challenge based rewards aren’t coming back in interviews, and while they’ve changed their mind on some things, they’ve been extremely firm on this.

That being said, anybody whose against the models coming back, but with a different colour, are gatekeeping nothing. It’s still dumb to me that almost 15 years later I can’t get an armored netherdrake that’s a completely different palate than the OG ones.
I don’t care if some kid can get my WoD S1 sets in another colour, I have the originals. It is not a deal in the slightest.

People celebrating this as a sole way for certain items to be given out ain’t it.

But yeah, I want to see more OTT sets and stuff that was never implemented into the game, but that’s already in the game files added to this. Stormcrow, for example.

They will change their stand, I’m sure of it. It’s not about what a single game director thinks but what the majority of players have perceived in their awareness. The longer this discussion goes on, which it does, the more people will know about this and it will ultimately end in a turnabout, because this practice is not seen as a progress, especially when colorizations and models are being gatekeeped for infantile reasonings, like “you are not allowed to have them because you weren’t there”.

The truth is simple. Blizzard cannot afford more problems and they try to get back so many players with DF and how much they have changed. They have likely already ideas how to introduce CM, Mage Tower and Elite stuff in case everything does not work or they need another subscriber push. What you think about the situation has nothing to do with the cunning attitude of the developers and to keep the game going. Perhaps the next sexual assault will bring some desirable feature. Last time it included the Alliance High Elves, I wonder what’s it will be next time.

You admitted more or less that you’re too prideful and egoistic in “losing” something, which is a toxic behavior. Always remember: You do not own anything in this game and as long as the contract isn’t changed, nothing will ever be truly yours. So, instead trying to be on the fence about something you rather should spread the joy and fun as long as WoW has people who want to play the game.

Great idea! Love it!

I have no lag and I play at all hours of the day. Maybe its your server?

Gonna be real, people who come to the forums and complain aren’t the majority, and the majority of people who do, for example, PvP, are fully for stuff like elite sets remaining exclusive. What matters more? People who do the actual content in question, or the guy who insults the people who does it constantly?

It is not as big of a problem as people make it out to be. Sorry. There’s limited time items in games like XIV too, and WoW’s limited time systems are actually soft compared to other MMORPG’s that aren’t Final Fantasy - which, are actually doing fine.

And frankly, the people doing the majority of the toxicity are the ones calling people “egoists” - which you just did - are the ones getting mad they can’t have somebody’s literal trophy from a competitive feature of the game.

The more I read how much you people insult folks for simply earning something in a game that was advertised as a limited time thing, the more I change my stance on the situation.

Also wanting for another sexual assault so you have more grounding for cosmetics in a game? Yikes, dude. I expected more from you, but I guess I’m used to disappointment when it comes from people who are upset they can’t have a single colour of something in a video game at this point.

They said it’s not coming back.
The few times they attempted to, they pulled it. Pissing off your customers that put in the time to do that content is not a route they want to take either. And they certainly aren’t just going to give the trophy rewards for free for literally logging in.

1 Like

idk about you but im in my early 20s and i pay for sub because i want to play the game. if you see wow as work then why are you subbed. Also most items in the game arent exclusive, every patch they add 6 recolors of the same set either for every class or armor type (LFR recolor, Normal recolor, Heroic recolor, Mythic recolor, “gladiator” recolor the one bought by marks of honor and the Elite gladiator recolor) all of those sets except the elite set are forever in the game and will always be obtainable. moving on to mounts if an expac has 4 seasons then that means there are 9 mounts that are exclusive (1 KSM mount per season and 1 glad mount per season + AOTC for last boss of the expac) according to wowhead shadowlands added 172 mounts* 172-9=163 mounts added that arent removed 162 if you include slimecat which was in SL only. You can talk about other exclusive items such as prepatch appearances toys and pets but these things are harder to track. bottom line is you and that paladin are zeroing in on rewards that only make up a fraction of the total in game items that are added to the game. blizz has already stated items with skill tied to them wont be returning the feldrake and all other TCG items that are re added through twitch drops started out as promotional items so are serving the same purpose now that they did back in TBC.

1 Like

Has anyone asked or seen an answer about people with more then one account? Because reading this:

At the first of each month, players with an active account in good standing will receive a set amount of Trader’s Tender automatically. If you don’t have active game time on your account or aren’t a subscriber at the start of a new month, don’t worry. Your Tender will be awarded the first day of the month when you do have game time or an active subscription. This will be the same amount for everyone, regardless of how you pay for your game time.

makes me think I can do this on both my accounts that have been active and in good standing since TBC.

Really love this feature cannot wait for it to be implemented so many cool things to do and collect.

Thank you Blizzard keep up the excellent work.

would be cool if they added in some druid/shaman forms to the trading post. Like as an item that leads you on a quest to earn them or something…

i think this entire concept has potential to bring a lot of exploration back to the game, if they are okay with it being a bit bigger than “just a battle pass”
:nerd_face:

1 Like

Let’s be real here. We have achieved nothing. It’s a game, you, me and everyone has achieved nothing. The EULA made sure of this. And that’s what grinds me gears. It’s not a single player game, it’s a MMO, where good rewards are tied to limited time events or great obstacles to get them.

And this is simply bad game design.

I don’t know what you’re referring to but I was talking about their willingness to give the players something when things go wrong for them, what they always do.

And they will bring them back. These discussions are proof that enough people are still requesting these items back and you will see, like everyone else, that it’s just a matter of time.

I discussed this problem in my topic already with the warfront gears. Take a look. Lore-based gears are hidden away and the players have to use off-colors which aren’t accurate and just “non-canon”. This is especially hurtful because Forsaken-players don’t have anything going for their lore and the moment they get something accurate, it’s an Elite-set.

The problem are not FOMO-rewards but meaningful and significant rewards locked away. This was always a problem. Like I said, I have made a topic this summer about this and I explain in detail why it’s bad. You’re just talking about the entitlement-perspective, which isn’t what I’m talking about. I do not care for FOMO-items, but if it’s a lore-based reward which is only put into that place for MAU with no chance in coming back, then it’s bad game design. A stupid slime cat mount isn’t important in relation to lore-accurate designs which is supported by your skills, the story and what the player is presented with. And that goes for FOMO-items which are part of sets you can still acquire as well.

FOMO-rewards should be “funky” stuff, something what glows in the dark or changes colors but never something what is integral part of the lore. It simply feels very bad.

After last months “twitch fest” for pet and mount I have watched more “content” than I need.

1 Like

ugh…please…developer persons…
fix what you’ve fielded BEFORE
you pile more sprinkles and pickles
on the wow sundae!

how about this.

your homework is to get 1 of the following: 2k M+ rating, 1800 in pvp or AOTC. I think you will change your mind once you have an actual grasp on what it takes to get one of these achievements in game. Its an attitude thing, for me i know i will die of old age before i ever equip glorious tyranny but i have to play with the hand im dealt, i can either sulk about it and cry on the forums or i can look at whats attainable for me in this moment of time. Now normally you can take my previous comment and use it as an example of why old content should come back however ive actually put in the effort to get a pvp weapon enchant before i know what it takes and i know for certain if blizzard re added the enchant 3 expansions down the track it would not only disenfranchise me but everyone else ive talked to who has it. Therefore using my own experience with earning the enchant i can conclude older players would feel the same about there illusion from mop being readded and that maybe getting what i want isnt the most healthy thing for the game. “these conversations are proof they will re add it” you have more people disagreeing with you than agreeing so even if blizzard was watching they would be more convinced to do the opposite. bottom line is that challenge in
of itself is not a motivating factor for most players and if there is no reward to strive for then there is no reason to partake in difficult content.

I can be nice or i can tell you that you are entitled, selfish and want everything handed to you for free. i can tell you that if they readded challenge items but locked them beind the same grind as before that you still wouldnt do it. i could tell you that your priorities are out of line and that you think crying on the forums is more important than leveling to 70.

2 Likes