Introducing the Trading Post!

A lot of people will hate it with good reason.

This is a really neat idea for a feature! BY the sounds of things, the possibilities are endless! Heck, this could be a great way to allow people to acquire transmogs that usually would be acquireable only through certain mechanics, or… heck, even allow for the acquisition of outfits normally worn solely by NPCs. NIght Elf Wardens, Night Elf Sentinel Archers, all of the Suramar NPCs, come to mind, amongst many others.

And that’s just outfits! All the weapon mogs one could possibly get… this is cool!

Could be neat. Or the “activities” could be just another grind.

$20 for 800 tokens, watch.

Because it completely invalidates the time and effort people spend obtaining the certain mounts/tmogs/appearances just for someone to swipe a credit card

1 Like

This is a good idea! I hope it works out well and does not end up like many other games who use battle passes and similar features to make players complete many annoying tasks or spend money for the rewards.

• The article says items will rotate back regularly if we miss it. I hope this stays true and consistent. Having special items on the Trading Post that may never come back or take 6+ months to return would be bad for the players.
  • Prices should stay reasonable. The mockup shows the Celestial Steed at 900 Tender which seems fair especially when you get 500 free each month. As long as items don’t get insanely expensive and require months of grinding (Like the overwatch 2 skins) I think this is good.
  • Variety of tasks should be available for all types of players. The mockup shows some non-group content options for this, good!
  • As others have said. DO NOT ever monetize this please. If the Tender currency becomes a Shop option or can be bought with Gold that will be very customer-unfriendly. As long as the currency is from game-play only and comes in reasonable rates, we will be happy!

I can’t wait to see what options are available. I hope to see some awesome unused tints for things like mounts and transmog!

Hopefully Holiday event mounts get added like the love rocket
also hopefully all TCG mounts
Old mounts removed from game like Black proto and plague drake get added as well

Let me answer this for you here in a very straight manner:

Your being has no value. I have no value. Nobody has value here. You agreed in the EULA that you dismiss your right of ownership to everything. That’s why it has no value and will ultimately be lost if WoW shuts down. That’s the reality. We don’t know how long the game servers will run. Why? Because we didn’t expect a lawsuit in the past, declining game quality or too prideful developers either and everything happen.

The future is not certain, not given and you should enjoy every moment it lasts. The easier solution would be to play on private servers but we do want to see the game supported, aren’t we. That’s why there need to be changes. Older players are gone, new players come in. There will be always an ever-shifting demographic and the developers hung themselves up on a prideful promise that old stuff will not return.

No, this is not acceptable, especially when the game uses constant reminders of things you cannot acquire for your own. If you want to live in this fake world, then feel free to do so. I, on the other hand, fight for the future, the people who come after us and for a better game. There is no certainty that you will play in five or ten years. These time-capsule thinking helps nobody but the people who are too emotionally attached to digital things they do not own.

You do not deserve CM rewards, MT rewards, elite pvp rewards, m+ rewards, etc etc unless you were there, unless you put in the necessary work, and often times skill, to obtain them. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I agree. But you should start thinking outside of the box: Everything can be earned one way or another. It’s a game and no matter how much you want to set rules for it, it can be changed.

Evergreen Timewalking. Very simple solution to a complex problem going forward. Given their track record in making things unfun and an even more harder version with the failed Mage Tower timewalking, it would be a great solution for these developers to repeat the process again to save on time and resources while still feeding the demand.

you clearly didn’t level in Legion…one quest I had to turn in by hopping in group finder and changing phases for like 30 minutes…then had tons of quests that wouldn’t register progress. Had NPCs just disappear when i would try to turn in, etc. In bugs, only one I have encountered that has caused actual issues was the boat on launch day. Since then, at most I have seen goofy stuff like Wrathion flying to the tower while standing still

This. I wouldn’t care if they put in recolors of the MT appearances and armors, just keep the originals locked. Honestly the firelord flail thing is a great idea, since right now really only my tankadin and prot warrior could use flails, even if my rogue or shammy can use them. I would alos kinda like if they made the flail a cosmetic that could be put over any one hand and not count as mace, I would love a DH running around bonking with a flail then cutting with the legion shield looking warglaive lol

I still don’t understand the issue here. The way you use “invalidate” in your statement above makes it sound like just because someone else obtains something you already have, it somehow diminishes the value of it?

That’s totally a you problem.

5 Likes

Add MoP and WoD challenge mode skins as well as old Mage Tower skins to this now!!

Wouldn’t mind black proto, amani war bear, black qiraji etc., in short would be nice if they brought back some unobtainable thing I actually miss, instead of stuff I farmed a lot for (eu, which is why they can’t be seen here ofc), I don’t like the idea of tcgs being given away for free, but looks to me like it will take quite some time to get many items with this method and as long as they add some older removed stuff too it could be interesting, it’s very annoying when stuff gets removed before you even start playing or before you become a collector, and there’s really plenty for someone starting in 2009, seriously 2011, let alone for people who started later.

That’s why the term “it’s your fault for being born too late” is thrown around in the first place. Or when you’re ill or simply can’t because of family, life and so on. People will always find a way to blame you and not the system.

3 Likes

That’s some ridiculous selective reading you have going on here.

Pretty sure he said swiping a credit card to get a gladiator elite armor set, KSM or AOTC mount would invalidate the time and effort someone put into get those items.

Obviously he doesn’t care if someone else has them because they’re not personal rewards :roll_eyes: Everyone that achieved gladiator, KSM or AOTC has them.

But what if they only got those through paying for a carry???

Will that cause a 404 loop?

Yes.

Ok joking aside, I see your point, but the person that paid for a carry still had to find people good enough to carry them. The challenge was never completely cut out like it is for buying hulk murloc.

Why not just do the content and get the items like everyone else. its weird how you dont have multi glads, keystone heroes and mythic raiders agreeing with you. Almost like those with skill in the game dont have any problem with the current set up.

edit; show me where it says they will undo that. there is a list of items the trading post will offer initially and all of them are new items. If you think the feldrake is an early indicator that they will bring back items with actual skill behind them then i have a bridge to sell you

1 Like