Introducing the Trading Post!

Of course it has no value. He is a great raid designer but when it comes to the game it declined over the time. We all could see this, this is also why Dragonflight is a complete 180° turn. The initial ideas he approved with the team were not what people wanted. Dragonflight proves this and how much they fight now to win the trusts of the players back.

A game director can actually take a blame, apologies and move on from a bad direction. What did Ion Hazzikostas? He blamed in an older interview the old guard and how hard it is to change something. Aren’t there also videos from him on YouTube where he mocks player requests in a contrast to FF14 and YoshiP as well? Didn’t stop him to bring up the third era (Legion-BfA-SL) with the MAU-centric game system, no? He knew what they did and it backfired after two expansions.

So, yes. His words have no value. He is skilled in talking through the points with a smoothness but otherwise nothing he says has value. Coming back at the end and acknowledge the player feedback is too late, especially when they have proven over the years that they can make emergency updates on the whim. If you wish to completely trust his words, then feel free to do so. I do not.

All that rambling you just did is what actually has no value. It’s not that I blindly trust him, it’s the fact he’s the boss. He makes the final decisions for WoW.

But whatevs. The only bubble that’s going to be busted is yours.

We will see about that. At one point it has to burst after having been right the past years and I wouldn’t mind it.
And congrats to 30k postings on the forum!

This is the kind of thing this game needs. I might stay subbed if this is the mindset going forward.

It wasn’t entirely clear to me how the “account-wide” aspect of this system will work. Does this mean that each account gets 500 tokens for free, or each character? If each character gets a free 500 tokens, then the optimal way to “game” the system is to just create as many characters as possible and get the free 500 on each character.

It must not work like that though, because that is clearly a terrible design akin to the garrison mission tables.

Definitely can’t wait! I hope they’ll have the mount Vengeance available :slight_smile: :bow_and_arrow::black_heart::bat:

Doesn’t look like anything otherwise attained through gameplay is available.

As it should be.

do you think there is one department? this is a game design team it has nothing to do with server performance

I would be 100% okay with WoW ripping ESO’s housing.

Players LOVE housing and furniture crafting in ESO. So many guilds play solely for that.

5 Likes

I don’t think they would be stupid enough to make the rewards be per character.

The tasks should be account wide.

2 Likes

It’s the primary thing I do in ESO. I have a master crafter and own I think almost 40 houses now. I’m not even sure anymore, I have them all except some of the Notables that I don’t want because I hate their layout. I’m in three housing guilds, one crafting guild, and one trade guild. I have eleven characters with maxed bags all full of housing items.

Who cares? Do you care? I don’t care.

1 Like

The keep you paying every month post.

“People will complain” is by far the worst argument anyone can make, no matter if you agree or disagree with the point being made.

I don’t want time sensitive rewards to come back but I would never use as a talking point “but but the complaints!”

This is really cool

This is gonna go one of two ways:

Path One: The Blizzard Way

• Currencies can be bought on wow shop

• Items in the post will be priced at INSANE amounts that keep you subbed for timegating purposes.

• Will largely become a bloated system that no one does due to the grind that was nickel and dimed to death.

Path two: The Optimistic Way
(I personally hope it’s this).

• Trading post currency cannot be obtained to any degree via real world money. (Including player to player interaction).

• Quantity of items added to the post keep enough variety on a month to month basis that you want to keep completing tasks and getting the next sub, because you are enjoying the amount of loot your able to obtain from the post.

• Pricing of items at the post is fair and doesn’t require an insane amount of grind for most items.

3 Likes

Wow, I am SUPER excited about this! It is a feature of some sort in nearly every other MMO I have played and it is a great way to encourage people to participate and get some really neat items in the process. This is great! :dracthyr_yay_animated:

The other thing most other MMO games do that WoW does not (yet?!), is acknowledge and compensate their players when there are unexpected downtimes, unusually long maintenance periods that affect player schedules and routines, and when other major things go wrong or don’t work properly within the game. They simply send out a mass mailing with something attached to acknowledge the situation and say thank you to the players for being patient. I would love to see this happen as well.

… I was just pointing out we know what some of them are, wtf is wrong with you?

I was just pointing out that decisions can’t be made on a small segment of rewards. I was using this thing called “logic”, but I know it’s not popular here.

No you’re just throwing out insults and being left field in general to someone responding to you, later.