Introducing the Trading Post!

Except that’s not how games have been developed for about two decades. The extra junk isn’t cut out anymore - it literally wouldn’t exist if not for features like this, and the game is still complete without.

1 Like

Wondrous Tales gives you a snowball’s chance of getting anything worthwhile. And $quare never gives for free what it can charge on their bloated cash shop, Cruise Chaser says hi. :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

Last I played, it wasn’t. You had to buy an “authorization” or whatever to use the best gear. Hell, at one point you had to buy more hotbars. That may not have been the case for a decade or more, but an impression was made that had the people I was playing with running for the hills.

as a software engineer myself I would like to announce you that you don’t know what you’re talking about.

2 Likes

can I buy a premium battlepass

You’re right. Games are developed to take your money and nothing more. This is just one step to more MTX in the game on top of your already $15/mo fee that was supposed to be for more content. Do you member’ when they told us that? I member’.

Your definition of FOMO isn’t what the vast majority call FOMO - which is that an item is permanently no longer available.

Think about it this way, if a player is trying to achieve the “What a long strange trip it’s been” achievement for a violet proto drake, then just because they missed out on Noblegarden or Children’s week that’s not FOMO because they can wait another year for it to show up again.

FOMO are things like challenge mode MOP sets or the weapon tmogs from Mage Tower in Legion or the KSM mounts/Gladiator elite pvp sets and mounts and illusions etc.

That’s the definition people are working with if you are gonna use your own non-commonly accepted one then that’s on you.

Cool, I love cosmetics and as a new player I have like none! I’m excited :grin:

As software engineer, I second this

2 Likes

Give Naxxramas 40/Tier 3 transmogs. That’s what this is good for

3 Likes

Literally, yes.

There are like three notable games out there that don’t have this goal, explicitly. And the chief among them had to go to Steam to get an injection of funds to continue development.

TBH I’d be more excited to see the forums have a meltdown than actually getting the T3 mog.

That’s only for free to play, not for subs or preferred.

I’m curious on what all they’re going to include in this. It already mentions cosmetics from old promotions and shop cosmetics but will it include things like items that have been removed from the game like Pre-Cata items or the low drop chance mounts?

As a software engineer I just wanted to say I’m not a software engineer.

2 Likes

lets hope we get see old raid stuff also
naxx gear or the corrupted ashbringer lol

Looks great. Can’t wait to see the rewards.

What will there be for Swarf?

1 Like

In the article they were very clear that the selection will rotate, and if you miss something you will get another chance later (though you may have to wait a few months for it to come back around).

1 Like