[Into the Dunes] Quest isn't working properly

Same here. Can’t skip or I get the double cinematic + crash. If I don’t skip, it runs the cinematic one time + crash. I really just wish we could mark it as done and manually turn in.

1 Like

It finally worked! Make sure you completely abandon the quest (it’s easy to get back to), if that doesn’t work I also ran a scan and repair on the battle net game launcher

Unfortunately this still isn’t working for me, I can’t say how many times I’ve dropped and reaccepted the quest in the past 24 hours, but still can’t complete the quest. I even tried the scan and repair, but no luck. I’ve tried opening a ticket, but I just get run in circles to open a bug report in game, which I’ve already done. This needs to be added to an automated script like the unstuck, it’s ridiculous that a quest that is needed for progression is this broken and the ticket system basically says it’s fixed, now stop bothering us.

Same, I have disabled all addons and reloaded UI. Tried the alt+f4 trick in the cinematic, beginning and end. Logged out and logged back in. Abandoned quest and picked it back up several times. Repaired files on the launcher. Ran an sfc /scannow because why not. lol Tried to create a bug topic but i guess it got deleted. Not really familiar with how this bug posting even works so just responding here now. Wish a gm would auto-complete quest.

1 Like

Been waiting on support for almost 2 whole days of playtime. I quit years ago because of this quest but someone sent me the patch notes from the 9th. So I came back because maybe I can finally play the game. I did literally everything I could think of as a work around. Quest is more borked than ever before.

Support system just closes tickets and tells me to check fan sites for a quest guide. lmao…

I just want to finally unlock all the allied races…

Sorry guys I must have just gotten lucky:(

1 Like

A GM marked it complete for me and I’m finally able to move forward.

1 Like

as of 6/12/2022 still broke. Have to say from 2019 to 2022 shows everyone how much customers mean to blizzard.

Just ran into this bug myself. I reported it after trying ALL of the ‘fixes’ I found on here and on wowhead. Everything from Alt-f4, equipping the necklace, trying to type something in chat after, letting it continue through the cut scene, disabling all addons, abandoning the quest and restarting it. Nothing worked. So I contacted support. Thank goodness for the GM who completed it for me.

I submitted a ticket right after I tried to complete the quest at 1:08 today got the same response. We thank you for you feedback on this subject, but you will not get any response back. To all of the people who have been able to get a response I am happy you could, but Blizzards continued nonchalant attitude on this issue and the way most people are not getting a response from a GM or the fact this bug has been in the game for three years and no fix has come about is a slap in the fact to the player base. I am done with them even if they do fix this bug, I don’t care the Blizzard I cared about is no longer around. All any of the managers and execs care about is their money and could careless about the people who actually keeps the company afloat. It’s the people who buy their games.

Having the same issue, as well as my friend that I’m questing with. Good to see it hasn’t been fixed over a 3 year period, when checking the customer support article for this common bug (which says it was updated yesterday) it states the the game devs have fixed this issue. Weird.

Tried all workarounds still doesn’t work for me.

Just tried doing this quest on an alt, still bugged, won’t drop me off after the cinematic, and eventually just kicks me back to Zuldazar.

I still cant complete this quest. im having the same problem. and the answers above arent working. the devs said its fixed but clearly it isnt

Same issue here. Still not fixed even though they said it was. Same with my friend I have been playing with. Just want to complete the quest to unlock other races. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE fix this!!! Or automatically complete it for us.

Been having this issue for a couple days. I tried multiple things, like equipping the Chain of Exemption, alt + f4 when the cutscene starts, skipping the cutscene, etc. Nothing has worked.

same, been stuck on this quest for 3 days, tried all options and submitted what tickets i could. still stuck still no response

1 Like

Same issue for me as well. I’ve submitted a report in game and asked to have the quest auto-completed, but no response yet and quest still sits unfinished. Hopefully it gets addressed soon.

Not fixed. Still waiting for a GM to bypass it for me. Its unforgiveable to have a content breaking bug exist this long. Even worse since it was an old bug that resurfaced and they believe that it is currently “fixed”

Still not fixed. Just got sutck there while leveling this charater. Opened a ticket and hopping a GM can flag the quest as complete.

1 Like