Interesting rumor

Seen this thread and it made me go :thinking:

Here’s a list of connected realms:

As you can see, there are four groups that haven’t been connected to anything since 2014. I’m sure one (maybe two but probably not) will go to WRA and the other here. Start grabbing any names you might want but had a snowball’s chance in hell getting on MG or WRA.

1 Like

I transferred to Moon Guard on 9/4.

I’m more interested in what the blue said.

I interpreted the blue comment to be “it’s not a bug and is usually a sign either the originating or destination realm is going to be connected. Stand by for an announcement.”

Then this week’s announcement didn’t have anything about WRA (his origination realm) or MG. So, maybe next week. I am on Argent Dawn, which is dead, and I wouldn’t be surprised if they are going to connect a bunch of the lower-pop RP realms to bigger ones.

Yes, that’s what I got from it too.

I know but that does not mean it’s not going to happen. The blue didn’t say when the announcement may or may not come.

I hope so. I got some really good names on those realms I suspect will be connected that I couldn’t get in the years I’ve been on MG.

I really, really, REALLY wis they would just announce the realm connections they have planned. They don’t even need to give dates.

I would be curious if Moon Guard’s rep (esp Goldshire which I don’t think they CRZ on) would be a factor for connections. My gut feeling is the lower-pop RP servers will go to WRA.

Edit: one thing I thought of, I keep forgetting I still stay on my original server, and not moved to MG, so the Goldshire rep won’t be a factor.

1 Like

I had a back and forth about this with a CSR. I thought he was coming from WRA, but he wasn’t.

He was coming from a realm that was on this week’s connection list, hence the problem as they started prepping for the connection.

1 Like

Fair enough but I’m still not giving up hope. :grin:

I am not either. I am going to do one of the following:

• Just keep riding it out on AD. I have a ton of toons there.
  • Just do alliance on Stormrage, which is my second server of preference.
  • Play my 120 ally on MG. She needs to find a guild, though.
  • Move my Horde main to WRA, A52, or MG in that order

Which is why I am really hoping for a realm connection to force my hand one way or the other.

1 Like

Not sure this is an issue. The are still technically independent servers (the server name is listed after a player name). If the same name is used on both MG & WRA and they are connected, one player will not be forced to give it up. The big thing with the connected servers is everybody is always there and can freely exchange non-conjured materials, AH & so forth.

I never said they would.

If Farstriders (just using this server as an example) is connected to us, I can finally have an alt on my server (so to speak) with the name Audrey, which is a name I never could get on Moon Guard.

Yes, I did snag Audrey on Farstriders.