Interesting observation of AV - comment from Alliance players welcome

Then just link me one other thread to the initial comment I posted. You’re the second person now that hasn’t done so. I’ve not seen it answered anywhere yet.

1 Like

You asked a question, it was answered multiple times, you didn’t hear what you wanted to hear, so you’re pretending like the question wasn’t answered. Anything after that I consider trolling and flag as such.

It wasn’t. Just deflection of the initial comment. That one battle. Why do we take it so easily when we start out even there ( at SHGY ) and rez a lot further when we die.

The fact that you all START on top of an alliance area should explain it all. You can say that alliance “should” have the advantage, but in reality, they don’t.

Shut down what you disagree with. It was not answered. Just deflection. Focus on just that intial GY battle. Both factions start out even at that point. One rez’s much further away.

You show you’re character as weak when you shut down what you don’t agree with.

1 Like

Didn’t you admit earlier that you haven’t even attempted to read the other threads where this was answered? Since you clearly have the time right now, take 10 minutes and browse through any of the recent AV threads where this is discussed ad nauseum.

1 Like

More people played alliance in vanilla, and traditionally China does not view Horde looking races as being desirable to play.

I have an idea, roll an alliance character. THEN and ONLY THEN would you understand.

Nah, just randomize the starting locations.

I think this is a great idea and I am all for it. However replace the npcs obviously because I do not want to fight other orcs ( in the towers )

Thank you Ziryus for your replies. I’m off to bed.

The most direct answer I can possibly give you to your question is that Alliance do actually win that initial clash about half of the time or more. The problem is that after that initial clash, Alliance cannot progress the map any further because the next objective is IBGY which is MASSIVELY Horde favored. So we push to IBGY, get rekt by cave respawns, get pushed back to SHGY again, and this time it’s not an even fight since people are more spread out, or have gone AFK since there is literally no point in trying to assault IBGY again. So eventually Horde will cap SHGY and then it’s a slow death from there.

Idk what more you’re looking for in this thread. Horde don’t always win the initial clash at SHGY, but it will always eventually happen in later clashes because Alliance give up due to IBGY being nigh-unassailable, thus giving no point to the game at all.

I have started one Orlendarla. Thank you for the reply. I have a young human warrior I plan on getting to 60.

And because I can see you typing now, I’m 100% sure you’re going to take this as an admission of Horde being better, and that the problem is Alliance AFKs and not the map. So I’ll preemptively point out that the advantage at IBGY is undeniably a numbers advantage due to the map layout and cave location, i.e. a terrain advantage. And the Horde having such a ridiculous crutch at IBGY is what causes Alliance to AFK since after hundreds of battles at IBGY all ending int he same result, it’s only logical to conclude that it’s pointless, which leads to AFKs. The root of the problem is the terrain advantage at IBGY that gives absolutely no point to the game at all for Alliance.

That is the defeatist attitude that has seemingly plagued the alliance faction recently. To not even try? I’ll admit IBGY is extremely difficult to take but it happens. If you don’t try you cannot develop new strategies.

As I mentioned to Ziryus, I would like to see random start points for the factions and think that is the answer to satify all players.

Anyways , thank you everyone for your replies.

1 Like

Yep, %@$#ing read you like a book. Go to bed.

I am not taking that as an admission of anything ( however you seem to think so ) I do not care whether one faction is better or not. I just wanted to focus on just that fight at SHGY. That’s it.

Would love to see randomized starting locations. And you have to realize the only reason there’s a defeatist attitude on Alliance is for the exact reason Sepgiroth pointed out. After hundreds and hundreds of battles at ibgy all ending in the exact same overwhelm and pushback to shgy and then contain at iwb and then separation at spgy and backdoor into DB with a final push to van, there is nothing we can do. At some point, we have to take IBGY to win the game, and it is just impossible with the current map setup and cave respawns.

We could wipe you all day long at SHGY and it would all be pointless since we still have to take IBGY at some point and unless 0 Horde come back to defend it (which would only happen if you’re about to win anyway), it is nearly impossible. So Alliance have very understandably realized that there is no point to playing the map.

1 Like

You are reading into my post and percieving it to fit your own thoughts of what I was going to say. Not even close to what I said. Swearing doesn’t make your argument any stronger or your points. You seem pretty miserable. You need the sleep , not I.

I just mentioned that the defeatist attitude and to not even try is not good. Not in the game, and not in life or anything. I didn’t say anything about being better.

This, plus additionally the Horde can fire ranged attacks through the mountain without any LOS issues, apparentally.

Defending SHGY is very tricky for Alliance. The issue is that as we push outward against the horde we leave the flag undefended since it is out in the open. This causes the horde to react by going around the main Alliance force. The Alliance partially changing directions to defend from the side splits our defenses causing each side to be more easily overwhelmed when Horde reinforcements come in.

At the start of the match we have roughly equal numbers. Any strategy the Alliance takes to try to get into an offensive position will dramatically reduce our ability to defend SHGY. A pure defensive strategy works for a while because of the spawn distance, as you’ve mentioned, but it doesn’t help to win the game.