Interesting Like Sockpuppeting On This Community Council Thread

Tovi - I have gone through every character on my account to ensure this is not true. Words are only words, so you can take them for what they are, it also reinforces why we should have 1 like/1 post/1 account. You can choose to believe someone’s words or not, but there is no system in place to validate it otherwise minus blatant alts following a similar naming convention.

Despite any opinions about high elves, this General Discussion thread has garnered more Likes in favor of it, which is a boon to the community I represent. I do not think this is what OP intended to do, but it showcases that CC posts need more visibility as well.

Just hoping no one else likes via multiple characters to reinforce this ‘sock puppet’ mantra intentionally or maliciously due to the thread here.

2 Likes

Why would they be?

I would say that is too late a wish since i been here for awhile seen it pretty much for years. It’s no wonder we get what we don’t really strive for.

As long as the character is the root of your forum account, people will find a way to do this, and forums accounts don’t go away when the character is deleted, moved or re-named, you can just no longer log into them.

So one person (with enough time and effort) could just like a post nearly infinitely, or appear as many people in the reply chain (which has been used extensively by certain posters, often in threads where people are asking for those abilities to be removed).

Yup you can tell by who they select too.

2 Likes

I have no idea if they are, I am uncertain of any other metric to ‘weigh’ a post in that subforum given there cannot be any interaction by non-Council individuals. Other than Blizzard’s own opinions on each post, the ‘likes’ or ‘views’ seem to be the only metrics that could be utilized.

Better late than never, and I hope they implement it. Someone can troll a person’s post this way or lead to someone questioning its integrity, such as OP has done here (no hard feelings - it is a great point that I 100% agree with @ OP). It’s a bad look.

It needs to be based on the BattleTag, not a character. Or remove the ‘like’ system altogether as it is meaningless without this restriction.

Bal’a dash, friend! For some background here: I applied to focus on RP & Quel’dorei, and have stayed loyal to my focus per the original post linked here. There are plenty of others focused on PVE, PVP, specific classes/specs, and so on and so forth. I highly advise applying too if you haven’t already. Regardless of sentiments about CC or theories about it, it’s still good to offer a way to make a pocket of our community better or heard versus none.

I do not think there is much else I can do or say regarding OP’s message, but I am happy to respond should there be any questions. :pray: Wishing you all a good week.

Big mistake; the Community Council is a Waist of Time.

That transmog is timeless :slight_smile:

1 Like