Interestin paralell in the Star Wars fandom

Lucas also said at the time that any new movies he put out would overwrite the EU books. He was pretty nonchalant about how cannon they were and flat out said at the time that he would retcon or ignore them as he saw fit

2 Likes

He never established one. He pretty much quit the entire buisness after his incompetence led to the deaths of most of his students and the remaining one going to the Dark Side.

The Jedi Order ceased to exist post Order 66.

3 Likes

I was part of the RPGA Living Force Campaign. From what the campaign staff told me, for all his nonchalance, they went over every bit of the Almas setting and published modules with a fine toothed comb. We went through some pretty major gymnastics to keep up with the prequels including time jumping the entire Almas system 10 years to mark the transition between Episodes 1 and 2.

1 Like

Yeah, Legends was always non canon. George said so himself.

6 Likes

Until the Rey movie, that is, if rumors are to be believed.

According to recent news, Disney is still going forward with it and I’m honestly excited. Rey is one of my favs actually. But that’s just me :smiley_cat:

In rebels:

Vader: Revenge is not the Jedi way.

Ahsoka: I’m no Jedi.

Ahsoka wasnt a dark side user but wasn’t adhering to the strictness of the jedi code, consider how when she was a jedi, she was under anakin, who already was not strictly following it either.

Anyways, on topic, about Sylvanas, I honestly have nothing against her character redeeming herself, nor against she coming back, I honestly feel her ending was a good closure.

One female Wesley Crusher, does not an Order, make.

1 Like

the simple answer is: those making such claims are wrong, and should be ignored

Can you substantiate any of that?

Remember, the Order threw her out, and threw her under bus. By their own standards, she was no longer even a Padawan so she was absolutely totally correct in her statement, and of course the Order itself ceased to exist post 66.

4 Likes

I didn’t take that the way you did—I just figured she was saying “Hey, I’m not an official Jedi anymore so you can’t use that argument on me,” not “I’ve abandoned the Jedi code.” She basically still acts like a Jedi even after leaving the order. But eh, it’s open to debate and interpretation.

Nope, but rumors are that Rey will be training new Jedi in the movie and using the name “Jedi.” Still, it hasn’t actually been released yet, so it’s all rumor and speculation at this point.

1 Like

OP, - sorry to ask you this directly- but did you eat something funny tonight?

There is literally nothing these two characters have in common.

2 Likes

Dang, well, shouldn’t have underestimated the dumbness of posters here.
Arthas is and always has been the Darth Vader of WoW.
Darth Vader was also cool enough to hide the fact that his existence was a 24/7 pity party. Sylvanas… not so much. Not that that justifies the trash writing that BFA and SL put her (well, EVERYONE, but probably most prominently her) through.

1 Like

Actually, both Anakin and Plo Koon apologized. But Mace and the others screwed up royal.

That said, the OP is not only unrelated to WoW, but the title seems like an excuse to attack the Star Wars fandom.

It’s more of a demonstration of how the topic that was discussed here and it’s argument flow is hardly unique when it comes to comparing male and female versions of the same character and plot types. There are inherent gender biases in just about every fandom you can shake a stick at.

1 Like

So basically, Star Wars suffers from poor writing, the same way WoW does.

Kinda thought that was pretty well known ever since Disney got their paws on it.

2 Likes

That cuts both ways. While in some cases there’s truth to the original claim, some fandoms are more equal opportunity and it’s not all sexism (for example, many Star Wars fans who hate Rey, Rose and Reva love Trilla, Cere and Mara Jade). In regard to WoW’s fandom, you know I’ve condemned the same story beats in both Sylvanas and Illidan.

1 Like

Star Wars fans :handshake: World of Warcraft fans
Hating the thing they are a ‘fan’ of

3 Likes

actually this took place before Disney bought Star Wars, and was deliberately meant to show that the Jedi Council were increasingly just callous dogmatists who only paid lip service to their supposed ideals, furthering Anakin’s disillusionment towards them.

2 Likes