Intentional misgendering (Transphobia) and off-platform harassment

Actually, it has been stated many times that they have no say on what happens outside their platforms. That’s why there are so many shady Discords. It’s not Blizzard’s platform, so they do not have access to logs.

Even beyond that, it’s common sense. Saying something on Twitter does not get your WoW account banned. That’s just a ridiculous expectation on your part.

And? Blizzard still does not share any information about punishments to other WoW accounts. It’s none of your business.

Wow. No, the reason is if a rule is broken. Getting flagged can only hide a post until a mod reviews it. They do not make up reasons to suspend accounts.

9 Likes

While I appreciate the frustration with folks doing that, Pawshade, we have no jurisdiction on other platforms and we don’t use a person’s alleged behavior on another platform as the bases penalties on ours.

If you feel someone is harassing you or otherwise violating that platforms Code of Conduct, please use their method of reporting to have it addressed.

If you feel someone has violated our Code of Conduct on our platform, please report it so our Moderation Team can review it.

21 Likes

I should note that name calling is considered trolling, so calling someone a transphobe also violates our Code of Conduct, so would be posting their twitter, as that could be considered harassment itself.

There’s very little that can be done now that the milk has already been spilled, as it were, but going forward I would recommend that you do not do that and maybe don’t engage. Just report the behavior that you feel is against policy.

21 Likes