Intentional misgendering (Transphobia) and off-platform harassment

Hey would be nice if Blizzard did something about transphobia and off-platform harassment as well. You have posters that link against posters on twitter, it’s very easy to ID them and their character. Doesn’t look good to keep them posting on the forums as them and friends intentionally misgender and harass others.

Not that they even look at it unless it garners ‘enough’ flags just like in game, but that’s already been done. Why the thread was made.

3 Likes

Hmm not sure what you expect Blizzard to do on a platform that they don’t own or operate.

16 Likes

Blizzard themselves have stated that they have no jurisdiction over what happens on any platform not operated by them.

This is just an attempt to bypass moderation queues to try and get someone suspended (as no gender identity or preferred pronouns had been stated at the time this thread was created).

10 Likes

Not by that character it wasn’t (since you were claiming to not be the person who had that history at the time). And we can clearly see that your edit to include it there was made after you put up the CS thread.

10 Likes

Yes there are several ones that keep doing this. I wonder why they are not banned and keep harassing others.

Customer Support does not take feedback or suggestions. You would need to post in General Discussion.

7 Likes

Liked a post I didn’t mean to here, but yes I wish Blizzard would crack down harder on transphobia and other things.

Put them on ignore and move on. Unless you have them ignored they will not consider it harassment.

2 Likes

I’m just going to quote something from Orylia on what to do when someone is being transphobic:

And also, ignore. If you don’t do either, and engage, depending on how you engage, it can all fall back on you too. If someone is being transphobic, or is trolling just in general, report, and ignore. If it is a thread, mute the thread too.

Sorry Orylia for quoting this several times around the forums.

Blizzard can not do anything if it is not on any of the Blizzard owned platforms, such as if it is happening on Twitter or Discord.

11 Likes

Blizzard would not be able to moderate content on sites they do not own/control.

11 Likes

I don’t agree with intentional misgendering, but I don’t think there is anything Blizzard can do about what people engage in off their owned websites.

Best to block them and move on.

6 Likes

Is this a Pawser thing all over again? If so I put that character on ignore because they were trying to pick fights and accuse me of things that were blatantly ridiculous and untrue. I don’t even engage with them at all. The drama levels and references to outside sites were confusing and not helpful.

I have like 3 people on that list and it takes a lot to get there. I just want the people on it to stay ignored no matter what char they swap to.

Blizzard is NOT going to penalize anyone on the WoW forums for what they say or do on other platforms. If someone does not want their comments post on reddit, Twitter, or somewhere else, don’t post them on the Blizzard forums. These forums are not secret. They are publicly viewable and the content we post belongs to Blizzard, not to us. We have no expectation of privacy for what we say here, or on any other Blizzard platform.

For harassment and abuse on THIS platform, it should absolutely be reported. Blizzard does not support transphobia and harassment.

17 Likes

Yeah

6 Likes

Argh.

Do not engage. Do not engage. Reverse engine thrust. Maximum reverse! Get us out of here Mr. Scotty!

15 Likes

I have a target on my back with them. Meh.

3 Likes

They tried it with me too a few years ago. It was bizarre. I decided that it was not my circus to play in so decided no engagement was the best option. Which is hard to do when I see someone creating drama where none exists just to accuse people of things.

Then I remind myself that emotional labor and stress is NOT my job to carry around. I really do want Account wide ignore.

offers coffee, tea, cocoa, snacks

:coffee: :teapot: :bubble_tea: :cookie: :croissant:

23 Likes

they seemed to have one on me now too have no idea why
but hey easy fix time for me to take a social media break

2 Likes

I’m actually not gonna comment about it here. The reason was kind of stupid and it snowballed.

1 Like

well happy friday other wise /salute

4 Likes