Instead of TBC expansion

Make your own fun. Classic isn’t a version that was intended to be continually updated. The idea was to present the Vanilla content as it existed in patch 1.12 and let people have at it and that’s it. This is a museum piece, not another version of WoW that will be continually updated.

3 Likes

Yeah. That’s exactly what I want. I want to always have a character that I worked really hard on to always have the best gear. That will mark a new phase of Classic: vanilla for me where I can play more casually, explore the original world of Azeroth, attack Alliance towns, form raids and attack Alliance capitals, world PvP for days, get every world buff and consume imaginable and get the biggest ravage crit I possibly can on a clothie.

All things I did or wanted to do in actual vanilla but I’ve been putting off because I want to get all the best stuff first.

1 Like

1000 times no.
There is something you “Classic Plus” people dont get.

The reason classic is so good is because it was built by great developers who are long gone from Blizzard.

Do you really trust current retail Blizzard talent?

/thread

3 Likes

At this point we are probably better off asking for a WoW II imo, but yeah I agree with the sentiment that I don’t really trust the current devs to design a game like that.

If you want to see what Blizzard would like to develop Classic into, just log into Modern.

They cannot flip a switch currently pointing to “make bad content” so that it instead points to “make good content.” And your vision of all the changes that wouldn’t “[take] away from the true feel of the original world of azeroth and classic experience” …would actually be no more “the same as the original” than any of the changes you hate; it’s just that you’re egocentrically treating “I like this” as “this is universally recognized as positive.”

3 Likes

Indeed. This is the key point that people don’t seem to get about some kind of mythical Classic+. There is no consensus on what would or would not be added or changed. Everyone just seems to be assuming that their changes would be the ones implemented, and not some other changes.

There is no coherent vision for what Classic+ should or could be. TBC, on the other hand, is a known quantity.

2 Likes

There’s a lot of “moving your character” in this game, therefore, it’s very much like Diablo 2, but not 1 and 3.

Atleast you listed things that you want to have in your Classic+ Ill give you more credit than some of the other threads that have been out on this topic.

These things were in TBC so actually could be dropped in since were using that engine. If we go through another round of Classic trilogy at some point i hope we can push the NoChanges crowd out and actually get these in classic.

This just doesnt work in WoW Blizzard has tried for literally years to make any kind of world pvp relevant and what ends up happening every time is people either do it for the gear it offers, see Wintergrasp, or they just dont really care, see nearly all the world they have put into the game.

The incentive and balance never do pan out for this content.

These clearly go hand in hand but still takes dev work to get done. It would be something i like but this is something that comes out later in expansions as well. On top of that new gear is one of the things that is most contentious things that C+ people want. Assuming it comes from the new content does it go up in ilevel. Most of the people say it should be side grades to Naxx and that we should not go over that gear.

I think this may come about but it will probably be a bit later than we expect. I think its going to be a full cycle before we get back to Classic again.

As for the rest i didnt mention. You want what the live servers with graphics there is always the live game. I persoanlly like the looks of the old abilites more than the new.

No this is garbage, as you can see by blizzards content or verison of wow in 2020 its not very good, Make tbc and wrath than leave servers up with wipe cycles like private servers have been doing for decades

While I get your hope for it and understand I can’t see it happening. Maybe if this was the 2000’s with the old Blizzard guard but this new era Blizzard team would upset the Classic purists more than make them happy. In a world where the Internet exists and majority of people like to be miserable saps on here they will find anything to cry about. BC Classic if that was to come is a safe bet for Blizzard to draw people in since many people have fond memories of BC these days and it will be instant money for them. BC Classic will come with some changes I’d assume but it may actually be even closer to itself compared to WoW Classic if they decide to patch the game along the way but I doubt it would be the case. WoW Classic is like going back to your old hot GF and having some fun again but the feeling isn’t like it first was. Enjoy it because some action is better than no action.

I mean, maybe thats your take on it. I think everyone else playing is enjoying it, no remake is ever gonna be like it was. The game is better than the alternatives for us, so we play it. Its not about “GoINg BaCk”

1 Like

You can ask to discuss this until you’re blue in the face. It’s not happening any time soon. BC is money. The minute the account surveys went out on BC servers the hype shot up. BC is money with little effort or time investment. Classic+ is time and money. In reality Classic+ is another MMORPG for Blizzard to run. And Blizzard has stated they don’t want to run two MMORPGs.

If you’re going to discuss Classic+ bring it up near the end of Classic Wrath in a few years. Then people will be talking about quitting as Cataclysm wasn’t the most well received expansion. Then it will be a way to keep legacy players. So sit and wait or keep posting and being disappointed.

1 Like

Yep, I completely agree

As someone who considers TBC to best Warcraft at it’s absolute best, I must kindly disagree.

While I support a Classic+ server with fixes and other such things, that would still take a back seat to an actual TBC server. Here is what I put down as a suggestion on that though.

Cool you can disagree but the subs dont lie buddy, The game had the most number of players during WRATH AND BC. So unless you have a statistic to show otherwise its than your opinion.

No reason we cant have both :slight_smile:

Naaaahhhh.

If it was a choice between Classic+ or TBC, I’d choose TBC.

If they came out and said they were thinking of doing Classic + then I would start advocating for WoW2 instead.

1 Like

Yeah exactly, if you are gonna do a entirely new thing just make WoW 2 and fix this crap

1 Like

Or maybe make a TBC server and then do like they did with the last terminator movie and pretend that everything after T2 didn’t exist. Could do like Nintendo did to explain the Legend of Zelda series and do the whole branching timelines thing, lol.

Sorry, just had to.

Only problem with that is the split of the community, lets say for a minute TBC classic became the only game, than retailers would be upset, and vice versa, they gotta fix the gap at some point