Instead of a New Class Next Expac:

Why not give existing classes something like a new spec?

I mean, I could see some classes getting something unique. With the exception of Demon Hunter. Just, uh, give them another button. Another spec might be too complicated for people who main those.

That way some classes aren’t limited to pure DPS, not that it would increase tank or healer populations, but it’d be fun to give options. Without further-ado, here are some suggestions I’d give:

Mage - Chronomancy - Healer:
Mechanics:
A slow-damage mechanic that functions similar to a monk’s stagger, storing the damage in a pool. The difference is, they have an ability similar to the brew to cleanse it - but spread the damage evenly to all enemies within 8-10 yards of the tank - on a somewhat long cooldown.

Then, instead of being able to remove DoTs, diseases, magic effects, they cut the durations and slow the ticks (which are added to the stagger pool).

They add buffs to the tank to reduce attack speed / movement speed to attackers, similar to Frost Armor for themselves.

Finally, when it comes to their healing, it’s HoT based. It uses the delayed damage as its healing pool, giving a ticking pool equal to the delayed damage.

Hunter - Beast Bonded - Tank:
Mechanics:
A tank that splits damage between itself and its pet, able to utilize mend pet to also cause overhealing from that to heal themselves. Pet remains by the Beast Bonded at all time and is able to split aggro with him, with over-heals on one or the other being able to split off to the other.

An ability to swap aggro freely between the pet and themselves. Tank-busting mechanics are applied to both.

Eh, these are a few I’ve thought of. Any you could see for other classes?

Just as long as Warlock gets a Voidwalker tank spec.

2 Likes

That’d be awesome.

I’ve been on the 4th spec train for years, welcome aboard!

No new classes! new specs! (where it makes sense)

3 Likes

Blizzard already created abilities and specializations for a Tinker Class.
And Just like Monks, Death Knights, and Demon Hunters, Tinkers could be inspired by a hero in Warcraft 3.

If I had to bet on any new class getting added, It will be Tinker.

Blizzard already has the Assets, and we know they love reusing assets.

No new classes add new specs. Tinkerers are just engineers.

Do you have any evidence that this is likely?

They’re Hero Unit Engineers from Warcraft 3. That’s what Gazlowe and Mechatorque are.
Clearly those NPC’s are a cut above.

Same evidence that tinkers are as likely as you claim.

Really? There’s already abilities in game for Tinkers.
There’s already specs in game for Tinkers.
Hell, In Exiles Reach, there’s even a character to represent Tinker for their class quest.

I don’t see any of this stuff for new specs.

Can you link this if possible.

Actually you can see them yourself In game.

If you go to The Coast of Zuldazar, or the Harbor in Kul’tiras, you can meet all the NPCs you encounter on Island expeditions.

All of these NPCs represent existing classes.
For example, there’s a group of Tauren Paladins, There’s a Mag’har Monk & Death Knight Paring. ETC. My point is that all of them represent an existing class, they use that classes abilities. You follow?

But, alongside these groups, You can infrequently encounter a group of Tinkers.
They’re a separate team that don’t correspond with an existing class.

For The Horde, they’re Gazlowe, Skaggit, and Lady Sena. They’re in game in Zuldazar. And When you encounter them in combat They’re clearly divided into 3 specializations.

Skaggit is the DPS, He throws down turrets that automatically fire at nearby enemies, he launches cluster missiles, and attacks with a gun.

Gazlowe is the Tank, He still has a gun, but he Fights in a Mech Suit in combat. It has tanking abilities and gives him extra armor.

Lady Sena is a Healer, She shoots her allies with healing bolts, and shoots enemies with bullets. She also deploys little healing bots to heal.

There’s an Alliance group too, but they’re all gnomes, and I don’t remember their names. They have the same abilities though.

This would require more imagination…

Coming from the 4 spec class.

I wish it wasn’t a four spec class. I hate how they split Guardian and Feral.

I just want demo to have meta back. Or a pitlord main demon for demo

1 Like

I’ve thought about this many times before, and I’ve already come up with what I think every class should get out of all the things I’ve thought up. I considered posting it but I’m still on the fence about that.

They can’t even balance the classes and specs we have now, I’d say no new specs or classes.

Just make the talent system have more meaningful choices, add more to choose from (Vertically, not horizontally. So MORE talents, not just more talents in existing rows) and bring back tier sets (Since so far they’ve been lying about giving us those) that add cool skills and effects to the skills we already have.

Yeah that’s a common perspective. Let’s be real though, they never will balance or fix what they have, just like they never have before, and never really will. That doesn’t mean they should completely abandon adding new stuff to the game though.

Let me be clear on that though. I mean that they shouldn’t stop adding and tweaking class related stuff, like classes and specs. They definitely do need to stop adding bs like azerite traits and similar things.

1 Like

Some classes deserve 4 specs more than others to stay consistent with their class. I’m looking at Monks and Shamans.

Any other classes having 4 specs kinda makes no sense:

• Death Knights already have Blood, Frost and Unholy as a foundation of the three specs.
  • Mages have Arcane, Fire and Frost. What other schools of magic can Mages learn? If you say Fel, that’d belong to warlocks.
  • Speaking of Warlocks, masters of Fel and Shadow, commanding legion of demons. What more can they do?
  • Rogues are basically assassins, pirates and ninjas. Anything else that is rogueish? Bounty Hunters?
  • Warriors are masters of weapons, thrive to fight or protect others.
  • Paladins are masters of light, vengeance or protect others.
  • Hunters either work with their animal companions or alone to sharpen their ranged attacks. Or get close and get things personal with their enemy along with a pet… or so that’s the premise of the new survival.
  • Druids already have 4 specs.
  • Do you really want Demon Hunters to specialize in anything else?
  • Priests either master the light, the shadow, or both. If there is a spec that does both in damage department, that would actually make more sense.

Bro challenge accepted on those points, some of these are things I’ve already thought up:
• Death knight can have a real Unholy spec instead of what they currently have which should really be called Plague spec.
• A common thought for mages is a time-themed spec that is a healer, though I would agree that’s rather arcane oriented. I would say in comparison to shaman, who have a singular spec named elemental, when more than just that one spec use all the elements, suggests that similar disregard can be taken with mage. So how about Enchantment spec, where they use magically enchanted weaponry like enhancement.
• Warlocks could very easily get a healing spec based around their life draining idea
• Rogues can very easily have a ranged spec added like how Outlaw should already friggin be. Make outlaw ranged and back combat
• Warriors could get several things: a ranged spec where they use bows or throwing weapons. DnD has ranged weapon using Fighters so it’s totally a thing. Or they could get another tank spec which is my vote.
• Paladin is a little harder, but they could get a ranged weapon spec like warriors, or maybe a shield using dps spec, or a dual wield spec
• Hunter could definitely get a tank spec, utilizing any number of mechanics
• Druids yeah… just fix feral
• Demon hunters could have a ranged spec implemented in quite a variety of ways
• Priests could get an actual holy damage spec. That one seems super obvious to me.

Ultimately they just need more ranged dps specs. They’ve added everything but ranged dps, of which they’ve actually taken one away…