Instance cap per hour bugged

From Blizzard’s articles it seems the limit should be 5 instances per hour per character. I’m getting locked out of instances on a new character as I change from one character to another.

2 Likes

This is my biggest complaint about the patch right now. If I do 5 instances on one alt, now I cant do any instances on any of my characters on the same realm

1 Like

happens to me too. pls fix!

1 Like

Yeah, there is no way they didn’t completely mess this up. They made the instancing worse than classic. Has there been any blue post on this?

1 Like

Which article are you talking about? Can you link it.

The 5/hour instance limit has always been account wide.

Not account wide
“In WoW Classic you can enter up to five individual instanced zones per hour, and a maximum of 30 instanced zones per day. The limit is per character.”

1 Like

Lets keep this Bumped

1 Like
  • Time-based instance limits are now enforced per-character.
    • Developers’ notes: The newer limit of 30 instances in a 24-hour period is an extension of the 5 instances per hour limit, which was tracked per-realm since it was first implemented in 2005. The intention behind both of these restrictions is to reduce the profits for new bots when they first come online and haven’t been removed yet. We’ve concluded that a per-character limit will be just as effective, while being less restrictive to legitimate players who have multiple characters on the same realm.
2 Likes

This is especially rough on populated realms where its much more fun to level with friends and not be rushing to tag mobs from others in the same area as you.

Please help us out Blizz

1 Like

I’m kind of shocked more people haven’t been noticing this. Especially with all the shaman/paladins that are leveling, or people farming dungeons for the new loot.

1 Like

I was just wanting to know the same thing. Is this still bugged?

I’ve only done 10 dungeons today across all my toons, swapped to my rogue and I’m instanced locked for some reason…

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.