Installation of wow onto new computer

I recently helped a friend try to copy wow to a new computer here is our issue.
I copied wow from windows ten older computer to a 128 gb thumbdrive to transfer to new gaming computer running windows 11.
Copied using blizzard app, show in explorer from options, selected world of warcraft folder and copied to thumb drive. Process took about 4 hours.

New computer runs windows 11 and is updated from windows update and no other additional programs are installed on it. There is no antivirus installed (only temporary) to prevent any problems.
Timer for shutdown is set to never so during the copy and paste process, from thumb drive to C://programfiles(x86), will not turn off.
Opened battlenet app from the world of warcraft folder in c drive by double clicking world of warcraft launcher contained in the folder after it has completed the copy onto C drive into the program (x86) file.
The battlenet app launches successfully and I log in using current email and password that I have always used. (Yes I am connected to internet using ethernet cable and it is a very solid and fast connection speed).
From that point it is my understanding that once the window for starting the game opens and shows either the (play or install button) available you do not click on that button but instead select the options gear next to the blue play or install button and select scan and repair.
After the process is complete the blue button has changed from install to play. The game version drop down list does not have World craft listed but instead other versions of WOW listed startup, legion, ect… and the dragonflight insignia is not shown in the upper portion of the screen.
I have uninstalled and repeated this process 3 times with the same results each time.
What am I missing? Have I done this incorrectly?
I have an open ticket with blizzard but I am honestly frustrated with lack of response time and they have instructed me to just download the game of their site. Alas all I get is the starter version.
I am asking for help as all my research suggests I am doing things properly. The game dragonflight is functioning perfectly on old system when test of login and access to game is normal. Yes I am signed out of game on old system after that test. Yes I logged out of game on old system and insured I weas signed out of blizzard app after copying to the 128gb thumb drive. I do not own an external drive or back up storage device of any kind.
Frustrated player… Please help

Are you sure it’s the same account on the new PC? If the logo isn’t there, it sounds like it might be a different one. This happens a lot when people have similar email addresses.

1 Like

We checked his account the website and all the information is updated and current. But yes it is acting like it’s not the same account. He did have a battle tag issue over 6 months ago but it was resolved.

You may want to have him post in Customer Support — sometimes the Blues in that forum can look at account names/which ones are being used.

1 Like

Thank you that’s a good Idea.