Inquisitor's Gaze is terrible

Sure but that does not need to be the way and why solutions have been offered while people are talking about it here. At the moment it serves 0 use and is worth skipping for other things that add utility. It is an end-cap of a talent that is worthless.

I’d get rid of both talents, replace it with a single talent that gives you a 6th shard slot and sets your out of combat base shard count to 4.

12 Likes

Malgarian nice idea

I like this idea, but I’d also be cool with simply a massive buff to the existing abilities. Soulkeeper is already suuuuper weak, but it’s max stacks is capped at 10 I guess? Ugh.

I would rather another Shard dump so I dont have to use MR as aff. So hopefully something that does not further encourage it that also helps all specs :smiley:

2 Likes

Inquisitor’s Gaze would be slightly more worth it if its attack was a leech attack (preferably a short 1-2 second beam) that healed your demon or,if they were at full health, you and, maybe, added a damage buff to your demon if the both of you are at full health.
As it stands now, I’m using Soulburn. In DF the boost to Health Funnel and (for group content) Healthstones makes it the best of a bad lot.

Or keep it damage pathetic, like it is now, and give it a % chance per attack to gain a soul shard.

It then may have some use.

1 Like

might just drop that garbage talent and replace it with decimating bolt

4 Likes

Keeps healer perma in combat so they can’t drink? Haven’t really tried it cuz soul burn is better.

1 Like

Great idea, too bad we’ll have to wait for an entire expansion to see meaningful talent changes like that.

1 Like

Imagine… being able to cast Rapture, Chaos B., and Hand of Gul’damn on the move … too dreamy for it to ever be real

6 Likes

Please Blizzard !

1 Like

Is IG currently bugged? I am specced into it just to try it and on my details it did absolutely no damage, I cant get it to attack targets lol

It’s terrible. Do not use.

1 Like

I hope to god it is bugged because if someone at Blizzard sat there and said this is a great talent in this state they should be fired

2 Likes

It should do SOME damage but if its doing no damage at all maybe they broke it in yesterday’s hotfix.

1 Like

I will be honest, i am actually glad Eye/Soulkeeper are weak.

simply put, i wish the Class talent tree had 0 damage output talents and focused purely in other aspects of what is a warlock.

If Eye/Soul Keeper were like 5-10% of my overall i would see it as 5-10% of the overall who isn’t used in the damage identity of each spec.

Ideally i would have prefered if instead of Soulkeeper/Eye i had some form of utility ability (Like the DH debuff that Warlocks used to be able to apply until Warlords, curse of elements) or some Quality of Life upgrade talent.

5 Likes

Imagine if we could get this little guy to do zero dmg but kept a curse up all the time on a kill target. Amped Curse or anything is pretty powerful

1 Like

I agree, A utility spell would be cool.

Seeing as Blizzard has said they aren’t making tree changes anymore unless they must then the best we can hope for is for these abilities to be buffed in damage… which they do need to be.