Initializing Download very slowly

Title.

Getting less than a kb/s on a 53mb update. Pausing or restarting completely resets the initialization. Adjusting download speed in the options did not seem to fix this.

I tried downloading something else and there wasn’t any issue.

2 Likes

me too, I am going at 150kbps, and I just did a speed test to make sure it wasnt pc or internet, 100mbps dl with a 25mbps ul. so its the patcher. and at this rate it will be 10 to 15 hours before I can play. but i cant even play another game because for some reason my pc want run it at any really speed. and I have a i9 14th gen with 64 gigs of ram and a M.2.

1 Like

Same getting 483 b/s atm lol

1 Like

Same here. This blows, lol.

1 Like

I have been downloading at around 7 KB/s today. I still have 41.35 MB remaining to download.

1 Like

Same issue tonight, suddenly. Very weird.

Yeah. Slow… and I have fiber so this blows. Fix yer patcher for Pete’s Sake!

Awww, hell. It stopped at 410.54 mbs… So close, maybe…

I did a game repair to get past the initializing download, BUT download speed is still sitting around 30 to 50 KB/s instead of the normal speeds I should be getting.

this issue is fixed for me this morning (seven or eight hours later) but yeah, that was annoying.

It’s back. Very frustrating to have a non-patch meaningless initialization make me miss an event timer even though I try to log in ten minutes early.

1 Like

Again. This pops up over and over, at least once per day, since pre-patch. Download speeds on the stupid “updating” blue button. Every time it’s only a 343mb download that it is “initializing”, and every time the download is coming at 1996 dial up modem speeds.

WHAT IS GOING ON?

1 Like

Also happening to me from time to time, I play in EU, so this is extended to all regions and it had been fine downloading until the expansion started, since then I’m seeing several small patches of 300-400 mb where it initialises slowly enough that it takes several seconds per mb, then once the initialisation is done, the download is usually fast.

1 Like

Same here download speed from speedtest is 950 Mbps, download speed from Battle.net launcher is 100 - 150 KBps. Seems like a problem on Blizzard’s end. I guess Blizzard just lacks the money and technology to allow for more than at 150 KBps download speed from their servers.

I truly hate the people that run Blizzard. Max profits, dump the staff down to a negligible amount, and make the online experience the least usable as possible.

Pretty confident that’s not the problem.

Imgur

Check the settings and make sure they are actually saving the limits you enter. If you have the settings files in read-only mode for Bnet they will not save.

Happening to me too–trying to play the game but been sitting here for nearly an hour

same here. download to update the game really slow, 6h time left.