Infinite update

Since about 4 hours I can no longer play because it requires an update… I do it and it starts again and again. Sometimes with an error message but even when it completes I have to start over. At first I fell into the void and when I tried to log in it automatically logged out. So I read what he advised to do so I did ‘check and fix’ and since then it doesn’t end anymore !! I am discouraged and I do not know what to do … :frowning:

1 Like

Try restarting your app/program via force closing them. If that doesn’t work, try restarting your PC.

Looks like it’s a known issue. Here’s the latest from Tech Support:

3 Likes

I have done all of this and nothing is working. I even uninstall the game and battlenet nothing either

Then unfortunately you’re kind of stuck until something has been figured out. They’re aware of it and they’re working on it. When there is an update it’ll be posted on that main thread that Perl linked. Best to keep it all there rather than threads all over the place. Hopefully, they’ll get it fixed for you and everyone else affected quickly!

I hope so too thank you

1 Like

Bypassing the launcher and directly running the game executable has worked for me.

1 Like

I managed to enter the game after 6 hours by erasing the data but I find myself at the same starting point … My character is still falling into the void and automatically disconnects me again LOL

If your character is stuck falling, you can try using the self-help service to move your character to a safe place and see if you can log in then:

https://us.battle.net/support/en/help/product/wow/197/834/solution

Just choose the right server and character and the system should move them to a safe place.

5 Likes

thank you very much it worked !!!

5 Likes