Incursion in Drustvar are fun with WM

Had a great time playing incursions in Drustvar. It felt like a real battlefield. We fought enemy players and npcs while doing quests. I culd feel when the alliance was winning and then when the horde wuld back off and after a while the roles wuld change. It kinda reminded me of the TM vs SS pvp brawl where ppl who overextend get rekt so u had to be careful. Its great that they award conquest points too.
All in all i really like them and they are more fun than legion invasions. Gj blizz.

15 Likes

Agreed, good job! I had low hopes for this but Blizzard has gotten much better at this stuff. Really nice large scale world PVP.

8 Likes

If by " I culd feel when the alliance was winning and then when the horde wuld back off and after a while the roles wuld change." you mean that if one of the 40+ alliance overextends into the 5 horde that keep getting slaughtered, then yes, warmode in Drustvar is fun…unless you’re horde.

Good news for ally, enough horde will switch off warmode that it will be balanced.__

1 Like

I’m not sure when you were on but tonight both sides were pretty even and if anything there might have been a few more Horde. We fought back and forth for a couple of hours and it was pretty fun, from what I could see there was no spitting emotes or people being douches to each other just some good old WPVP.

6 Likes

Yea, tonight was the most fun I’ve had on WoW in a while. Easily the best part of the expansion so far. I completed the incursion on my main (this toon), then switched to my rogue and completed it with him, then back to this toon just to kill Horde in the area. It was great. I hope the other 5 incursions are as fun as this one was.

10 Likes

Horde side here. We saw a massive uptick in Alliance last night that even exceeded some of the old WPVP groups we used to run back in TBC.

To the Alliance who came out to play, welcome to the show. =) Don’t be afraid to join up with the friends you made and keep having fun. If you need a place to hang you hat, please check out this link and join the Alliance or Horde community there: [⚔️] OFFICIAL Horde PVP Community (Main)

There were some interesting mechanics in the new wpvp question experience for those with War mode on. I’ve got some screen shots. Thanks to a quest, my paladin was in stealth mode versus Alliance players in an NPC quest zone.

As this was kind of like the old Star Wars Galaxies base wars, I was having 2004 SWG flashbacks. This new forum site won’t let me post screenshots despite BBC code, nor outside links. Here’s our guild website off of enjin if you want the pics: haunt-pa . enjin . com If you want to looks past the link blocker General: world-pvp-awakens-in-wows-81-invasions (it should be on the front guild page feed today)

I was able to get 2 of 4 toons through the event last night. Got a little lost fighting on the paladin, so I never even brought the DH there. I was having to much fun before I had to crash.

It’s nice to see some real life in WPVP. The fight is on!

/salute

9 Likes

It was a blast! Lotsa issues with lag/sharding etc., but nice to see so many blues show up. Wish I had time to fight em in raid more, but there were quests to do close to bedtime, so had to drop raid and just grind em out with plenty of GY runs. Hope there’re lots more fights like those!

5 Likes

Dude… Maybe that happens for you, but generally in my experience the numbers are comparable. (And until just a bit ago this was a forsaken rogue… So I play both sides)

4 Likes

Yeah that was the only downside was the lag even though mine wasn’t real bad

2 Likes

Alliance players, please stay in warmode. It’s nice to have you back, I like feeling unwelcome in your territory.

None if that was sarcasm

14 Likes

Love you too buddy.

7 Likes

I ran two horde toons through the incursions. First time I had fun with war mode on all expansion.

8 Likes

It’s almost as if Blizzard is actively encouraging fun, rather than nerfing it wherever it appears. Great change!

7 Likes

Been having fun raid v raid fights in pretty much all the incursions since launch. They are making wpvp fun again.

5 Likes

The Wachati tribe was absent?

3 Likes

Not going to lie I had to google that lol

3 Likes

It’s all love compa!

3 Likes

Just got to try it out in Zuldazar. Enjoying it so far. Mix of smaller fights + some roaming raids. Feels like a real war situation happening.

5 Likes

Me too. Was really fun, this time I did the quests early, then picked up assassin buf, got bounty, and just spent a while running in a raid killing every alliance we could find. Almost complete reversal of yesterday, but still nice to see so much WPvP.

4 Likes

I can’t love this post enough. I’ve been on WM since pretty much the start of the xpac, but last night I had my first “when raids collide” battle and it was amazing.

My group was on both the giving and receiving end. I saw more Horde AND Alliance in Drustvar, and the open world wasn’t a post-apocalyptic wasteland for once. Here’s to more WPVP, not less. Everybody bring it.

8 Likes