Incubus Glyph - as a balance to Succubus? Fun too

I propose that to address the issue of sexism around the the succubus that a glyph is created to change your succubus to an incubus if desired. (Incubuses present as male FYI). I think an incubus glyph would be fun, too.

20 Likes

This quite a nice idea !!

Mine was simply for people to grow up already and stop bringing real life issues into the game but yours is fool-proof imo !

5 Likes

What’s the issue?

People are mad that a literal sex demon dresses skimpy.

10 Likes

Yes.

/ten characters

People think the succubus is sexist. Which, I mean it is a little but it’s also a legit mythological demon. Besides, I think some toons would look better with an incubus.

There is no “Succubus” issue.

People just like to overreact to everything.

But sure, bring the Incubus glyph too. I’m surprised it has not been added.

17 Likes

I think an incubus with a female Orc would be hilarious.

Lol this is wild. As you said it’s a legit mythological demon, not some “slave woman” that Blizz made up on their own.

I think offering a “fix” to this problem would just be damage control overkill. Like trying to the make the fantasy world 100% politically correct was not the issue at Blizz. Assaulting their female co-workers was the issue, no changes in game are going to fix that.

2 Likes

Then don’t think of it as a “fix” just think of it as a fun option.

2 Likes

Warlocks were promised an Incubus glyph in consideration of het women back in Cataclysm actually.

It’s been 11 years since we were promised that glyph.

8 Likes

ACTUALLY!

They have the perfect model!
Horns; check
Wings; check
Hooves; check
Male? …probably?

2 Likes

A warlock with all male demons? Not diverse enough and pretty misogynistic

2 Likes

If only warlocks had a demon customization system

4 Likes

If you think succubi are problematic, I don’t know how literal [violent nonconsensual intercourse] demon wouldn’t be

Edit:

Also yes, more customization always.

1 Like

For what it’s worth, Blizzards Succubus is much more politically correct than the mythological being. The WoW succubus can seduce both males and females. She is way ahead of the times. I agree there should be an incubus. There needs to be some explanation of how we got him to Azeroth for the binding. Maybe a quest chain that warlocks do to locate the hidden chamber that contains the forgotten summoning spell?

1 Like

They are literally the Bill Cosby of demons.

1 Like

Then add a female infernal and female Felguard!

Hey, a female Void lord!

2 Likes

I believe lore wise it was clarified that Succubi and Incubi in WoW’s universe are separate demons, so definitely male…

Edit: Oh hey, I see Sparda jumped fictional settings…

Yea but I mean the demon I showed in the pics.