Incredibly Disappointed - Anyone else considering cancelling sub?

Because anyone who has looked at any PvP multiplayer game in the last decade would be able to tell you that ‘casual’ and ‘open world PvP’ is like throwing lambs to lions.

For people who have not looked at any PvP multiplayer game in the last decade?

I know, but I was bored and it gave me something to do :slight_smile:

Anyone who doesn’t have enough time to form a group and instance to level on a pvp server is basically left with an unplayable game right now.

1 Like

Most subscribers never visit the forums. I suspect you hardly ever visited them either, or you’d actually know that only occasionally were there threads about the nature of pvp.

And you think 12 year old who rolled on a server to play with their friends deserve to be dished up to you for an eternity of easy kills for not knowing what you didn’t know the first time you rolled?

I’m so glad I got away from lazy, vindictive non-thinkers like you who would rather destroy the game.

It’s cute that you think I have a dog in this fight. I’m on a PvE server. Nice try, though.

See my above post. Though, while we’re at it, “destroy” a game how, exactly? It’s the same as it was, faults and all. There is no destruction involved that isn’t caused by the players themselves. Again, rerolling is an option. Championing a dev response to an entirely player-driven issue is not only futile, but a perfect example of society as a whole these days.

“Fix this for me, I don’t want people to take personal responsibility! Make broad choices for players instead of making players make their own narrow, individual choices! That always works out!”

This is always ALWAYS an issue with this content patch. Folk from private servers knew that you had your character and alts leveled by this point or you didn’t level until BGs came out. In short, it’s working as intended. No, it’s not casual friendly design. It’s arguably not even GOOD design.

I’d suggest taking a break until BGs release. It’ll be better.

you don’t have the balls to unsub.

2 Likes

Hahha hahah aha oh right, the infamous WoW-killer. I’ve played them all.

We could only wish that 15 years later there would be an actual wow killer. FFXIV is also an excellent MMO and the only real competition but that is much closer (and better) than retail WoW.

The only competition was Pantheon, since Brad McQuaid just passed away I don’t think that game will be happening.

:violin: :frowning:

Honestly I think BGs will alleviate a lot of the problems. Bear in mind, you’re not chained to the BattleMaster when you queue so there will still be plenty of overworld. BG queues should move very quickly and keep most players occupied in PvP instances instead of wrecking quests and ganking lowbees.

ESO is awesome.

Other superfun MMOs

STO
NWO
RO
SWTOR (very story based)

You should stop talking about that man, seriously.

There hasn’t been an MMO like that since long before vanilla originally launched.

It doesn’t make you seem “hard,” it makes you seem “old,” and that decreases the likelihood of people taking you seriously.

I can’t speak for anyone but myself, but nope. I’m not considering cancelling. Not while I still have things to do in Classic (Classic B/C, Classic WOLK?) I have zero interest in Shadowlands so when I run out of fun in classic I might unsub then.

lol, Age doesn’t equally mean people will take them less serious. However, there is an old saying that is true, “with age comes wisdom”. Age really has nothing to do with it.

You rolled on a PvP server. I mean, how did you not realize this would happen?

1 Like

Just lean in to the casual. Be turbo casual. Plan to hit 60 before phase 4. You’re too far behind to be cutting edge nomatter when you hit 60 at this point. Embrace the casual. Make a mediocre twink now and so you can play that when battlegrounds drop and then level your main after that

You are failing to account for the current culture and general age range of the people you are interacting with, as well as overall human nature.

With old age also comes inflexibility and senility.

Age has a great deal to do with everything. To say otherwise is to deny biological reality.

You are acting as if you know the “general age range” of everyone that plays mmo’s or WoW for that matter. You are also assuming that overall culture. This game is played by a wide range of people in the world. All people are different and you are no expert in anything in this regard.

Yeah, if you an elderly person but I’m no where close to being elderly. You are assuming way to much about myself and are being too judgmental.

1 Like

Players in 2019 are not the same as they were in 2004. They’re more savvy, they have better tools, and they actually know what they’re doing. Unless you have everyone get a frontal lobotomy or require a BAC of 0.4 to play, then there’s no way the game will play the same as it did back then. The systems might be the same, but the people aren’t.

They listened too much to people talking about TM vs SS and saying that PvP servers were the only ‘real’ way to play the game, and thought there was such a thing as fair fights in wPvP.

1 Like