Increasing Maximum Toons On Accounts

The point is in my original post, sorry. This one got resurrected so its a bit disjointed.

Whenever I see these threads the first thing that comes to mind is that OP wants an army of alts for easy farming.

We’ll propose how many you think is enough and we’ll see if it something Blizzard wants to do.

I largely agree with Metrohaha’s statement. 50 is a lot of wiggle room for characters but even if the limit were say 70, 80 or 100 there would still be people out there who just don’t have enough room for sentiment.

I’m all for upping the limit. It needs to change.

3 Likes

Every single day I do. I have an addon that tracks which garrisons have a full resource pile which is about 15 of them a day. Some still have followers to level so those do a few missions. Four tailors and twelve alchemists collect their daily work orders and do their daily transmute and make any bags for selling and trinkets to vendor.

Then it is on to Legion content; there used to be a lot more of this to do when I still had paragon mounts to collect because every alt would check their order table for missions that could reward the reps I needed to grind paragon caches on my main. Now all they look for is the PvP mission because that lets me gather Marks of Honor without doing any actual PvP which I don’t enjoy, and which are somehow incomprehensibly required to level your professions these days.

This month a lot of them head down to the Caverns to grab free gold and TW tokens for a trivia question.

Then it is on to current stuff. Check to see which emissaries are worth doing, I usually do about 12 or so. Check for cooking WQs because BfA cooking takes forever to level on that many toons and creates an impossible surplus of food which WQs are an efficient way to burn up. Check for any other relevant prof WQs. Take about 8 each day to the Nazj world boss so they all get to it each week.

During DMF weeks or holiday events, do whichever amount of that content I have time for.

Then on my main I do the bigger stuff that I only do on her. Grind reps, run for mounts and mogs. That kind of stuff. I do that last each day because it is a bit open ended.

The trick is not to mess around with any multi player content because other people are awful and waste your game time.

12 Likes

It’s the grind + lack of good names, most people myself included don’t like the idea of having to roll our faces on the keyboard to make a unique name

1 Like

I remain skeptical, but talk is cheap here.

My recommendation would be to record your daily routines for as long as you can to demonstrate you do regularly play 50 unique toons and come back armed with that.
Make some demonstrative titled thread like
“So I thought you said we couldn’t play 51 toons?”
or whatever, and the thread will catch fire.

Once one person does it, hopefully it can start a movement of others joining in, and if enough people show they could actually use more slots then change might occur.

Good luck!

1 Like

Metro, you come across as extremely arrogant, setting yourself up as the judge of whether or not players deserve extra character slots on the basis of “homework” you want us to present to you.

In the last week I’ve done almost all the daily caches on each of 28 leveled toons, and worked at further gearing up all of them.

I’ve spent time on each of my several dozen 80 - 119 toons, leveling them.
I’ve done pet battles on each of my 18 characters who have the job of camping battle-pet trainers.
I’ve done auctioning on low level toons on a dozen different realms.

Out of my 100 characters there are very few who I have not worked on in the last week. However I know you well enough to realise there is no way you’ll take any player’s word for something you don’t want to hear, but there is also no way you’ll take a painstakingly made week long diary as proof.

So my message is not to you, a mere MVP suffering an overdose of hubris, but to Blizzard.

I am attached to each of my 100 characters. They each have their own mog and backstory. As I’m unwilling to delete any more of these, or to pay for a third account, I will be unable to make any more allied characters.

17 Likes

Or… and this is just an idea so don’t lambaste me for putting it out there… but what if we were allowed a free in-game race change once every 30 days?

Or maybe even once you get a character to max level, you have the option of unlocking different characters on that realm starting from level 60 (still offers enough opportunity for people to practice their classes)?

That might get rid of some of the bandwidth issues but could also be abused in some ways I’m sure.

I don’t know. Once we figure out all the quirks, it could be a decent idea.

We’re already allowed to change skin color and it only made me want to play my toons more, instead of creating a million low level alts and just getting bored of them and shelving them because I only wanted to try out a new /different skin / race / etc.

LMAO this post… get real. You are not doing end game content with 50 people and if you are, you need to be on YouTube. LMAO

Firstly, what does “end game content” have to do with this thread? Is BfA the only relevant part of this game? If so, why does Blizzard work on changing/improving the leveling experience, and put all the portals in low level areas?

Secondly, I am provably doing end-game content on 28 leveled characters and a number of 111+ toons, quite close to 50 between them, and I doubt I’m the most assiduous altoholic playing.

6 Likes

Point being, if you can do it on a lower level character, then you can do it on a max level character.

So in other words, you want blizzard to pay for more server space to that you can leave people camped around various places and not have to travel. Get real.

“Server space” in this context are extra rows in a table. Typically, in most cases 80% of your player base will consume 20% of their quota while 20% of the player base will be at or over the top. So… given the size of the subscription pool today (versus, say 8-10 years ago) - I’m not sure I buy this rebuttal. Actually, I know I don’t buy this rebuttal. There is no significant operational cost to increase this “server space”… and if there is, Blizzard did something very wrong.

Seriously though - I have a bunch of toons > 110 that are Alliance that I no longer play. I’d be happy to “shelve” them… put them in longer term storage but not have them removed permanently. If I decide Alliance is attractive to play again I’ll bring 'em back out. Another option, if possible, is to just let me pay a fee to open this up for more toons. Finally, a third possibility is to just increase the number of max toons per server to 75 or 100. Given the recent increase to support all 50 toons on one server, this is probably the least invasive and most efficient change.

6 Likes

Who cares what you believe?

14 Likes

Well i don’t buy this rebuttal.

So you are wanting to pay a one time fee for something they have to maintain forever. Sounds fair. You want more people than pay for another account. It will help them with operating costs. This is probably the exact reason there is a limit in the first place.

Haha, that’s fine. You’re welcome to continue being ignorant on the subject if you like but I can assure you the additional “cost” to maintain more “data” is not what you think it is :wink:

4 Likes

Well i dont tend to believe people who throw out random numbers without saying where they got them from. Sounds like a bunch of nonsense.

Just like this…

Blizzard maintains people’s characters even when they’re not subbed. So again, a bunch of nonsense.

Point still stands, you guys who have so my characters are not playing them, you admit to this yourself, and are at best leaving them camped around to avoid travelling. There is no need to have that many characters.

Well, regardless of what you think of me, you will need to present said “homework.”
This is very much a topic of show don’t say.
People can SAY they play 50 characters regularly, but I play this game some times 80 hours a week and STILL don’t think I’d ever have enough time to actually do something on that many toons.
Its just unbelievable.

This is the stance that the game’s development takes, so if you are serious about them changing it you need to MAKE them want to.

The best way to do that is embarrass them publicly so they have no choice but to respond.

Ion explicitly said no one can actively use 50 characters regularly.
Prove him wrong, and have others join you.

2 Likes

That was stated as a challenge to people to demonstrate I am wrong.
No one really cares what other people think on the forums, so don’t take it personal.

But if you are serious about this topic, there is a clear path forward on it.

Yeah even if you don’t go nuts with creating alts, after 15 years between trying out new race/class combos, following friends to different servers, scratching leveling itches, etc they pile up.

6 Likes