Increasing Maximum Toons On Accounts

Woah! You’re asking for, like, . . . . . unlimited fun?!?!?!?!?! :open_mouth:

4 Likes

I’ve already told you I play well over 50 characters regularly, and any dev can look at my account and see the truth of that. My many toons are not leveling and gearing themselves.

What you and Ion believe is mere shortsighted supposition. Your style of play is not my style of play.

9 Likes

No, it ONLY matters that you can prove it.
They can look, but they are choosing not to for some reason.

Its about proving them wrong publicly.

You telling me or them something has nothing to do with it.
You need to rally others to your cause to pile more and more evidence on so they have no choice but to respond.

There is precedent for this at the start of Legion.
The community suggested there was some sort of cap on BLP and Legendaries.
Same type of threads launched here.
People saying something hard to believe and no one believing them.

Then, the community stepped up, and hundreds of players PROVED that after gaining 4 legendaries it was impossible for them to gain a 5th.

It gained popularity and forced Blizzard’s hand.
They had to respond and eventually changed things because of it.

If you are serious about this, you need to act.
Not just type.

1 Like

Ahh, moving the goalposts, as is your wont.

First you want proof one person is actively playing 50 toons, a few players say they are, so then you say that’s not enough, need a whole crowd to say so.

What Blizzard does is not up to you, and your habit of acting as though it is, is just a puerile example of you attempting to bully players.

5 Likes

Man, its a shame you are taking this so personal and not actually reading what I’m saying.

I hope you will, and can be a part of the community leading this effort.

It was a really cool moment for the community at the start of legion and I’d love to see it happen again.

I personally have no stake in the matter though, so I can’t do much other than try to spur others on.

I hope you’ll take action!

1 Like

What are you talking about? That is not proof of anything.

You’ve already said you leave people camped around for specific purposes. That means you log on, fulfill that purpose, then log off. This is not considered actively playing. This is something that one character could do with a little travel. If you feel you realky need more characters that bad, then pay for another account. There is no reason for blizzard to make changes for something that doesn’t need to be.

3 Likes

How about Blizzard charges $14.99 a month for 50 extra slots?

1 Like

i agree. it would be nice

I didn’t take it personally but you did. I already have over 50 120’s. No one cares what you believe because you don’t get to define what is considered an active character so your argument is useless and you weren’t correct to start with.

Prove me wrong! (I can do that also!)

6 Likes

I support this OP!

There’s people with 100 and even 150 characters on a single server on SWTOR.

Asking for something similar here seems reasonable.

6 Likes

Let me help you a bit with this… I don’t get why you’re aggressively against the idea but I’ll back it up with my own data:

I have 50 toons across 5 servers. I’ve played across as many as 9 servers because my wife still has toons on those servers that she hasn’t harvested for space yet. (she never plays her extras)

On my original server I have my original guild master and my original hunter. They are level 33 and 62. They are here for nostalgic reasons. (Alliance)

• 33 Dwarf Paladin
  • 62 Dwarf Hunter

When I moved from PvP to PvE back in mid-to-late-classic, I wound up creating 10 toons on another server. 3 of those toons still exist today. (Alliance)

• 56 Dwarf Paladin
  • 58 Human Hunter
  • 102 Night Elf Warrior

When a good friend of mine had some drama… she moved to another server and I followed. I created multiple new toons on this server and transferred some others. I’ve deleted characters as high as level 72 (a dranei shaman) to make space for other toons. Today I have 12 toons here (as that was the cap for Legion):

• 111 Panda Monk
  • 111 Human Death Knight
  • 111 Worgen Warrior
  • 112 Night elf Demon Hunter
  • 112 Dwarf Shaman
  • 113 Night elf Druid
  • 117 Void elf Priest
  • 120 Gnome Warlock
  • 120 Night elf Mage
  • 120 Gnome Rogue
  • 120 Dwarf Hunter
  • 120 Human Paladin

When I capped at 12 and my kids wanted to play I setup shop on another server that was joined with this one. This server is by far the newest and least tenured. It still has valuable toons though. Today it has 16 toons:

• 3 Dwarf Hunter (Bank/AH Guild)
  • 20 Void elf Warrior
  • 20 Kul’Tiran Druid
  • 23 Gnome Hunter
  • 31 Void elf Rogue
  • 32 Lightforge Paladin
  • 34 Dark iron Warrior
  • 37 Void elf Hunter
  • 46 Kul’Tiran Monk
  • 84 Dwarf Paladin
  • 111 Night elf Demon Hunter
  • 115 Panda Shaman
  • 120 Void elf Monk
  • 120 Lightforge Warrior
  • 120 Human Rogue
  • 120 Night elf Hunter

At the same time I moved for the drama, I started my Horde population on another server, and it’s grown since to be my primary with 17 toons:

• 3 Panda Warrior (Just deleted 32 Panda priest)
  • 20 Undead Warlock
  • 20 Nightborne Hunter
  • 24 Mag’har Hunter
  • 26 Undead Warrior
  • 28 Highmountain Druid
  • 87 Blood elf Monk
  • 93 Blood elf Warrior
  • 120 Tauren Shaman
  • 120 Nightborne Mage
  • 120 Blood elf Death Knight
  • 120 Blood elf Rogue
  • 120 Zandalari Druid
  • 120 Blood elf Demon Hunter
  • 120 Blood elf Hunter
  • 120 Nightborne Priest
  • 120 Blood elf Paladin

So… with the long-winded post… These are my toons. Some are AR’s, for sure, but I’m not hiding a thing here. Hopefully this helps color some of the reasons why I don’t want to delete any more of my toons. I’ve done it so many times - much more than I’ve listed here.

I’ve been playing for 15 years. It’s crazy the number of toons I’ve already deleted. The troll shaman. The human mage… the list goes on. We’re asking for space because we’ve amassed enough toons that are actually more valuable than deleting them and it’s going to be hard to justify playing new races over deletion real soon (at least for me it is).

6 Likes

Yes, I noticed a distinct lack of comprehension in your previous reply to me. Perhaps you need to read more slowly.

I have over 50 characters being played weekly, leveling and/or gearing up, 28 of whom are level 120, and all these 28 geared to over 400 i level. These characters are not camping anything, they are actively being worked on. I already have a second account, which is why I also have space for camping pet tamers and auctioning on many different realms.

Each of these camping and auctioning characters also gets slowly leveled, has its own unique, (for my account,) transmog and its own life story. Whatever you think of the importance of my characters, they are important to me. I have already deleted too many, and will not be deleting any more.

5 Likes

This. Yes it is one of mine.

Edit: In fact if people wanted to pay me to level their toons…i would gladly do it, that is how much i enjoy doing it.

5 Likes

While I personally believe 50 is enough for anyway, I can support people wanting random characters. Heck, I have a few random ones family have made before and I just don’t delete them.

Main issue I would have is names. Know several people who use up their character slots just to reserve names, all the slots. Having more slots might open up even more reservations of just random characters with, in my view, no purpose.

Now if the naming restrictions changed (surname stuff and all that) then make 1000 characters if its what you enjoy.

So you’re okay with them giving us a chance to buy more slots… but then you go on to poke the bear and get into an argument with someone over how many characters they play? Why? Why even go there? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

We don’t honestly know how small it is. And I don’t really believe Ion’s excuses. Mr. “People can’t find vendors.”

9 Likes

I really don’t know why anyone would need so many. Most I can understand is 24. 12 per faction so you have one of each class per faction. Maybe a few more from old servers or something along those lines. 50 just seems ridiculous. What do you do with that many characters? Do you really play on like 4 of each class? Just seems a bit redundant.

How about we don’t have to have an entirely separate account and not have to pay monthly for something other games charge just once to have?

There are all sorts of reasons. None of them should matter, though. This in no way negatively affects anyone.

7 Likes

Yesterday I was surprised to find that I finally hit 50 characters. After getting a zandalari paladin to 120 I will have no slots open and that means i’ve got to go delete characters now that I otherwise wouldn’t have for Vulpera when they release. WOuld be nice if slots were increased.

10 Likes

You take my words out of context then accuse me of a lack of understanding. Please though, repeat what you have already said.

Awesome. Thanks.

So you play about half your people actively, by your definition. The rest may be slowly leveling but they are not being actively played, as admitted by you, and thus are not really needed. While there is nothing wrong with this, it does not warrant a change.