Increasing M+ group size to 6 is a 33% increase in dps per group

Having a hard time getting into m+ groups? Always rejected and declined to all the groups you apply to for what feels like hours?

Well if we can convince blizzard to increase the group size, even a little bit, it would make a massive change! Even going from 5 man to 6 man would be a 33% increase in dps for the group.

Imo blizzard should also make a larger group m+ style pillar. 10 man 1 tank, 2 healers, 7 dps. Maybe base it on the number of deaths to end it without a timer. Use all those mega dungeons we have now + some old ones + some smaller old raids. A 10 man like this would be a 233% increase over double what a 5 man can have.

Certainly these changes would get more dps into groups faster!

2 Likes

29 Likes

You’re not giving credit to tank or heal dps. I’d venture to say it would be 20-25% to group dps. It would make BR feel less mandatory and make hero more mandatory.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m all for a key Ilvl squish and a dedicated support slot though.

These can be considered 10-man raiding groups, and we have those already.

4 Likes

Only problem is they would have to noticeably increase dungeon difficulties and damage/health modifiers to account for the 6th person

Can’t just leave the damage/health modifiers “as is” since the content would become too easy

1 Like

Getting a tank or healer is a bit rare

Getting a GOOD dps is the rarest

4 Likes

I had played another MMO where if it took too long to find a tank, the game asks if you want to run with four DPS instead. I was just uncertain if any stat change happened to the mobs.

See, i dont know if i’d want another dps slot, but a dedicated support slot and the addition of more support specs could be a fun dynamic for Mythic+, but that’s a whole can of worms and likely not in the scope of their current design intents with it

1 Like

I was shocked to see no new support specs for next xpack

Aug is essentially impossible to balance. If you add more supports, you can balance them amongst themselves

1 Like

Mythic plus dungeons, especially boss arenas, are already so crowded with five people, it would be really bad to add another person to that.

Well, I guess people would say “oh blizzard can just make all new dungeons to accomodate six people.”

But what about old dungeons that they use for mythic plus? I doubt they would ever redesign old dungeons like that

Most of the problem as is comes from the leeching lizards existence. While it would be nice since it would be 1 aug 3 dps the second they decide to make another support spec instead of deleting aug it suddenly becomes 2 “support” 2 dps.

Consolidate raid buffs, make sure every class has one, turn one spec of all pure dps classes into a support spec to allow for mixed groups that aren’t caster dps focused. And then balance out the survivability and dps of different classes in a better more itterative way so that people aren’t left crappy for years on end.

Or you can make silly suggestions.

The only case for 6-player groups would be a permanent support role spot, and that would only be necessary if there were more support specs in the game. Doesn’t make sense with just Aug, but if there were 3-4 specs that fit the role, then increasing group size would at least have a more credible argument.

4 Likes

i’d love to see it. would also make dungeons much more fun. and healers would heal more and dps less.

1 Like

Well, you’re just in luck! I have the solution for you!

start your own group

this could be fixed with increasing difficulty, increasing unavoidable damage, and increasing damage but then players would throw a fit.

I’d be ok with a 6 man dungeon group, but that would be an expansion level change.

3 Likes

They managed to flex Karazhan into a 5man, I am sure they can flex 5mans into 6mans…

2 Likes

We need to bring back 10 man raids more, I think. It’s the right ratio.

Until Blizzards comes out with dungeons that require 2 healers

I mean…

2 Likes