Increase Dungeon Group Size to 8

It’s the only feasible solution to the raider io and general grouping problem in this game.

You increase group size to 8 while still balancing around 1 tank 1 healer. New group setup becomes 1/1/6.

Now you’ve just cut DPS wait times in half and doubled availability. This would have an immediate impact on the health of the game.

16 Likes

They’ll have to double the health of all mobs to compensate.

Between that, and the fact that instead of 3 people in a group not interrupting and standing in the fire, it’ll be 6.

Healers for PuGs will immediately become an endangered species.

94 Likes

:fishing_pole_and_fish:

11 Likes

9 Likes

Ummm no. They don’t need 8 man dungeons.

You know what a solution is? Make your own group. Crazy huh? Stop trying to blame IO or people declining you.

16 Likes

Absolutely not.

3 of you are too many most days.

22 Likes

I can already see the five hunters not lusting “lmao that’s a dps loss pet”.

10 Likes

Why don’t you play as a tank?

7 Likes
  • I only play deeps.
  • Tank too easy.
  • Tank too boring.
  • I like the challenge of melee dps.
  • Blizz ruined [insert class] tanking since [insert expansion].
3 Likes

The idea of having to heal 7 other people in an M+ is already giving me anxiety.

Hope the dps knows how to dodge, ‘cuz the tank’s gettin’ all of my attention.

3 Likes

I think if you were going to change the 1/1/3 set up you might as well let the number of dps flex between 3 and 6

Maybe more realistically, the group can flex to sometimes include one additional dps, totaling 4. That alone would make a large difference

3 Likes

Why do you hate tanks and healers so much?

8 Likes

This sounds like a nightmare to the tank and healer player. Already with three you have yoyos running off on their own and pulling stuff to force the tank to pull faster, and DPS who don’t know what interrupts or mechanics are so healers have to clean up after them. And since there are three of them if they collectively think the tank or healer is doing bad, then they have the power to remove either.

Just…no. No, DPS can make some choices if they want to play, or they can take the queue time.

8 Likes

No, these internet strangers must suit my needs.

It won’t change anything. There are more players trying to join keys than there are players hosting them.

1 Like

youll still be declined with the same freqency even if you move the the amount of dps to 10. cuz people will just take over 10 over geared high io ppl over you. make your own groups and push your io that way.

3 Likes

Yes it would…

Whether than is a positive or negative impact is the part many will disagree on :slight_smile:

So queues will take even longer! Sounds great! :neutral_face:

You aren’t wrong.

1 Like

Can you people read? My post literally mentioned balancing around 1 tank and 1 healer still, yet your anxieties are already flaring up.