Inc Hero Talent changes/Nerf

Death Knight

• Deathbringer

• New Talent: Reaper’s Onslaught – Reduces the cooldown of Reaper’s Mark by 15 seconds, but the number of Marrowrends/Obliterates empowered by Exterminate is reduced by 1. Choice node with Dark Talons.

• New Talent: Swift and Painful – If no enemies are struck by Soul Rupture, you gain 10% Strength for 8 seconds. Wave of Souls is 100% more effective on the main target of your Reaper’s Mark. Replaces Swift End/Painful Death choice node.

• New Talent: Reaper of Souls – When you apply Reaper’s Mark, the cooldown of your Soul Reaper is reset, your next Soul Reaper costs no runes and it explodes regardless of the target’s remaining health. Soul Reaper damage increased by 20%. Choice node with Grim Reaper

• Painful Death’s effects are now baseline to Exterminate. Exterminate empowers 2 Obliterates/Marrowrends to summon the scythes baseline.

• Grim Reaper has been updated – Reaper’s Mark initial strike grants Killing Machine/3 charges of Bone Shield. Reaper’s Mark explosion deals up to 30% increased damage based on your target’s missing health.

• Wither Away has been updated – Blood Plague/Frost Fever deals its damage 100% faster, and the second scythe of Exterminate applies Blood Plague/Frost Fever.

• Dark Talons has been updated – Marrowrend and Heart Strike/ Consuming Killing Machine or Rime has a 25% chance to grant 3 stacks of Icy Talons and increase its maximum stacks by the same amount for 6 seconds. Runic Power spending abilities count as Shadowfrost while Icy Talons is active.

• Bind in Darkness has been updated – Rime empowered Howling Blast deals 30% increased damage to its main target. Blood Boil deals 10% increased damage, and is now Shadowfrost. Shadowfrost damage applies 2 stacks to Reaper’s Mark and 4 stacks when it is a critical strike.

• Rune Carved Plates now reduces the magic and the physical damage you take by 1.5% per stack (was 2%).

• The following talents have been removed:

• Swift End
      • Painful Death
      • Blood Fever
    • Arctic Assault now fires a Glacial Advance at 80% effectiveness (was 100%).

*** More Glacial Advance nerfs (They really beating a dead Horse with this one)

*** And the biggest NERF of them all is Baselining Painful Death w/Exterminate… But it no longer has a chance to apply Reapers Mark at 30%. This one was huge.

1 Like

Dont forget about -5% nerf to frost dk dmg/healing

1 Like

from blood fever to wither away doing ff damage 100% faster
FF doing its damage in 12 sec…how does that help us

I checked the WoWhead calculator and double checked the wording:

• Painful Death’s effects are now baseline to Exterminate. Exterminate empowers 2 Obliterates/Marrowrends to summon the scythes baseline.

If my math estimate is correct, we’re actually looking at similar AoE DPS values and 10% more ST.

If the Reaper’s Mark reapplication is still there, it’s overall a buff with a better playstyle. 2H might pick up Icebreaker for more HB ST damage and Soul Reaper changes are big.

Edit: NVM, Reaper’s Mark reapplication is gone. Overall damage is the same likely.

Edit 2: Reaper’s Mark reapplication is still out on the jury.

Wasn’t written in the notes or is it a placeholder from a previous nerf?

Edit: did a quick check, it looks like the 5% nerf about 2 patches ago during prepatch

The reapplication nerf is going to make it a whole lot less fun, that’s for sure.

This is how they’re trying to buff San’layn, by making DB less fun

Why did they nerf frost? Wasn’t that already the weakest of the three?

The RNG application was fun but very unhealthy and degenerate IMO. Buffing Soul Reaper is better for the hero talents and pushes DB into more Reaper-esque/Execute niche which I think fits FDK well. There loads of dead talents that they’ve consolidated with other talents that weren’t being picked.

I’m gonna crunch some numbers when I get home to see if it’s a nerf or a buff overall.

Remember, these changes are for (probably) late October.

I’m down with less RNG and less of our over power being in CDs. Just hope they buff the base kit enough to compensate for the 5mil bomb not being reapplied.

I just hope sanlayn gets some buffs. It’s just terrible

2 Likes

Frost Fever does 24 damage over 24 seconds, ticking once per second. Each tick can generate RP.

Now it’ll tick for 24 damage over 24 seconds, ticking every half second. Each tick can still generate RP.

You’re getting the damage from FF twice as quickly now. Pretty clear how it’s helpful.

1 Like

ok that part wasnt clear so thank you

1 Like

And they should until Breath+AA isn’t the best option. If Obliteration suffers from that there’s still options that can buff it that aren’t beneficial for Breath+AA builds.

Except it does. They baselined the entire effect of Painful Death. Exterminate, at a baseline, has a 30% proc chance for RM.

I ran a sim with SR earlier on a Patchwork and estimate that it’s looking to deal an extra 5 million by itself due to the new modifier and free casts of SR.

6 million to 12 million with Frost Fever.
I’ll look at numbers soon. :stuck_out_tongue:

Show me where they carried the 30% Reapplication of RM? Word for word on the patch notes, it does NOT state that anywhere. Please check your source.

Sure.

Painful Death on live: https://www.wowhead.com/spell=443564/painful-death

• Extra Exterminate charge
  • Reapplication increased to 30%

Blizzard directly saying that the effects of Painful Death - which includes the 30% reapplication chance - are baseline for the tree (and before the “It doesn’t specifically mention the 30% chance so that doesn’t count” it also doesn’t specifically mention Rimes being Shadowfrost damage for Bind in Darkness but that effect still exists):

Wowhead datamining from the PTR showing that Exterminate correctly shows the 30% rate as the default instead of changing when you take Painful Death: https://www.wowhead.com/ptr-2/spell=441378/exterminate

All of this is verifiable on the PTR through the 11.0.0 PTR where the changes are being staged.

Please take a moment to critically read changes before immediately posting and fearmongering.

3 Likes

Checking live information to that of 11.0.5 changes?

You in for a rude awakening.

Public Test Realms

• The client version is currently showing as PTR (TWW 11.0). This will be updated to 11.0.5 in a future build.

Build is not out yet, but here you are.

The 11.0.0 PTR is where the 11.0.5 PTR changes are currently deployed. It is not “live information”.

You can literally download the 11.0.0 PTR and play with the update Deathbringer tree, new Paladin class tree, new Dark Ranger tree, etc.

Yet here you are, still spreading misinformation.

And again, with the critical reading skill: all this means is “the client is showing version 122 and not 123. It will be updated to show 123 in the future”.

2 Likes

You live on the forums trolling. So this is a day time job for your, i get it.

30% Reapplication would be mentioned like every other ability description was. It’s not fearmongering when its facts. It’s put up for discourse. Know the difference.