Inc Hero Talent changes/Nerf

Critical reading clearly isn’t your strong suite; I suggest you figure out how to fix that instead of spreading misinformation and calling people trolls when they call you out on it.

1 Like

Trying to sound smart by playing word salad wont work. Critical reading is exactly that was done. In fact, I’ll paste it for you incase you must of missed somewhere between your ego and running to Beta.

Painful Death’s effects are now baseline to Exterminate. Exterminate empowers 2 Obliterates/Marrowrends to summon the scythes baseline.

It’s Beta for a reason, maybe they haven’t gotten to all the changes yet.

This information is straight from the horses mouth. But you want to act like a Internet Forum hero, the lolz is next level.

SINGLE TARGET DPS
live sim DPS 670,538.20 notes
frost fever new 21,587 frost fever increased by 100%. sim dps was 21,587
wave of souls 7,380 wave of souls MT increased by 100%, sim dps was 7380
soul reaper free cast 2341.206 reapers mark in log executed 7 times. SR from Reapers executed 4.5. SR dps increased by 35.7% due to new free casts. increased by 20%
soul reaper from RM (remaining) 1093 the SR from 4.5 reapers marks
soul reaper active cast 3321.6 SR increased by 20%
howling blast 2202.166667 howling blast increased by 30%, sim dps was 26,426
arctic assault nerf -4,516 original AA damage 22578
ptr notes DPS 703,947.57
swift and painful duration 56 total duration. 7 reaper casts by 8 seconds
0.1864801865 300 seconds of combat 18.64% of combat
37765.42772 18.64% of 756,129.81
41541.97049 increased by 10%
666,182.14 total reduced by cell b11, the value of dps before increased by 10%
swift and painful total dps 707,724.12 dps increased by remainder of dps affected by 10% swift and painful buff
percentage increase 5.55%

Just me playing around with the numbers based on:

• What notes have told us
  • Reapplication of Reaper’s Mark has not been removed
  • Using a 2H build
  • my current character

Talents:

I know it’s not the optimal build. Feel free to criticise my numbers.

Edit: Howling Blast calculation was incorrect
Edit 2: forgot Arctic Assault nerf

2 Likes

Weird that Deathbringer, the strongest talent tree, is getting so many changes while the other two got almost nothing.

2 Likes

I hope that the Patch Notes and Reaper’s Mark not being on there is an error on their part and what we’re seeing in Beta comes to light.

After receiving some hefty nerfs the past few weeks, it would be a really good change of pace to see a buff somewhere in the tuning world of Frost DKs.

Let us hope RM % application remains as is.

If the RM reapplication was removed then the overall nerf is -10% and unless they remove the -5% aura nerf and buff a bunch of abilities then I don’t think the reapplication mechanic was removed.

It’s not; it’s baked in with the rest of Painful Death.

The general numbers look good but the overall is a bit off. Frost is going from 7 Icy Talon stacks with 100%~ uptime to 100% on 5 stacks with 25% uptime on 8 stacks which will lead to less autos and KMs (and by extension AAs) and pull some damage from there, too.

2 Likes

Brother, Deathbringer is cracked for both Frost and Blood. Reaper’s Mark is like 35% of Frost’s damage. It needs to get nerfed harder, and you were going to press Oblit/Marrow anyways, the scythes are passive. Passives aren’t fun.

Right now, the changes are poised as a buff, when the hero spec tree really needs to get hit with like a 25-33% wholesale nerf.

Yeah the numbers are just a rough estimate, give or take it’s probably hovering around 4-5%.

So, looks like you’ll be forced to take Soul Reaper with Deathbringer now. Guess that’s still better than being forced to take Frostwyrm’s Fury for Riders of the Apocalypse.

I came in here for this specifically…looks like the free Soul Reaper is gone and you now have to either take the talent and cast it yourself or pick the 30% increased damage on Reaper’s Mark explosion. This seems like the biggest nerf to me

I completely agree. Frost and unholy in general are the strongest dps specs in the game by a long shot as well. Deathbringer and Frost tbf need even more nerfs around 10-15% before we are in line with other classes. Even arcane mage is now struggling to keep up with us and Fury warriors are so bad it makes me want to delete my warrior lol

You’ll definitely be taking Soul Reaper no matter what as the talent change to Blood Fever resets Soul Reaper, lets it explode no matter the health, and increases its damage by 20%. So, you’ll be casting pretty right after you cast Reaper’s Mark.

1 Like

Check the sims and watch some beta M+. DK is good, but it’s not top of the pack. Right this second, content plays into frost’s on demand damage, but sims are placing us at middle of the pack on ST, and while DK can be played in meta M+ comps, it’s still a melee in a melee unfriendly season. There’s a sick meme-pull Unholy can do in one dungeon, but as a whole, we’re generally fine.

Unholy is getting buffed on tuesday for a reason.

1 Like

The nerf doesn’t really hit except having to choose between AoE and ST. Even then, the explosion got buffed in Soul Rupture from 20% to 30% and grants a free Killing Machine for a cleave. Really, the explosion got buffed by an extra 10% but loses out on free AoE Soul Reapers in AoE scenario.

Single Target is buffed because of free casts of Soul Reaper after every Reaper’s Mark, regardless of health, and Soul Reaper buffed by 20% is a better trade off.

1 Like