Inc Buffs for BM and Survival

Wow I can do that too but in all seriousness go to the hunter discord and you can see sv theorycrafters discussing it and clearly point out how the AoE is not going to gutted at all and providing reasoning. So unless you’ve got some secret calculations I’d love to see what your take is based on.

Gutted? Did you see the dot? Probably the strongest bleed in the game. Imagine what it will be once it can benefit from mastery. I can understand preferring the bomb spam, but to say it was gutted when we were given this bleed? You wildin’ out.

1 Like

“I suggest learning what Beast Cleave is” would be just as apt here. Both cause your occasionally-reset and CDR-affectable rotational CD or CD-pair to cleave nearby targets. Their differences are just that

• one is single-use per proc and the other uses a short duration (such that one has a every-other-GCD and the other an every-fourth-GCD rhythm),
  • their target caps (base of 6 vs. base of 8), and
  • what can be spent to augment them.
    • Beast Cleave offers little to no direct augmentation after a bare minimum (MShot, BCleave, KCleave), while Trick Shots does, including variance for its target cap (up to BM’s baseline 8, via Light Ammo).

They’re both still effectively “free cleave” skills a la Fury’s Whirlwind. Neither is thematically more “AoE-centric” or “AoE-focused” than the other, and the devs have very clearly and explicitly stated that they attempt to design specs to have roughly the same throughput across basic categories

• 
Though they do see, for instance, 2-3, 4-6, and 7+ as all still just AoE and allow for due variances in AoE output across their thereby favored situations, just as they do with varying TTKs, pull alignments, etc.

I know what beast cleave is.

I know how it works.

It’s not though. Nice try.

You keep thinking I don’t think BM should have any aoe and that’s not even close to what I said.

And this point has already been refuted.

They may try but that’s not always the case.

Please try to keep up.

I have never made that claim.

I merely noted that your claim that Blizzard intentionally set specs apart by broadly categorical damage profile is contradicted by both their stated intent and actual practice over the last several expansions.

There are no specs designed to be “ST specs” or “AoE specs”. There are only specs that are undertuned or overtuned or more or less compatible with a particular pull size or fight length.

You responded to a through about theme with a mechanic. As irrelevant as that already is to what you quoted, we may as well then consider that warrant:

But it is nonsensical to use the existence of <a proc that allows one to cleave their heaviest hitting rotation abilities> as warrant that the spec is more specifically built to be “an AoE spec”, “AoE focused”, or anything else to do with AoE and then point to MM and SV as the ones who should therefore have greater AoE
 when it’s MM and BM who have that mechanic.

Q: “Why would MM be any more thematically ‘AoE-focused’ than BM?”
A: “Because Trick Shots!”

Right
 Let’s just ignore that Beast Cleave cleaves a higher portion of one’s ST damage sources and of raw ST damage than does Trick Shots on MM, whose damage instead relies more on Explosive Shot and Multishot’s direct damage. /sigh

In heroic yea tank damage is pretty good in mobs or if the tank is chain pulling and your pets can’t cleave the mobs .

You know what you at right and everyone who plays BM is wrong including those who right guides and sims the spec is also wrong.

In fact BM hunter ST and AoE is 200% more damage than the next spec on the list BM needs a major nerf not a buff.

BM AoE is hot garbage right now. ST is fine, but AoE is pitiful. No M+ invites for BM Hunters for damn sure now. Sad days.

2 Likes

I mean you have already been shown to have zero clue what you’re talking about in multiple threads by myself and others.

1 Like