In your opinion what is the top list strongest class lorewise?

Talking about average aventurer and excluding the OP characters like Gul’dan and Jaina, Here is my opinion:

1. Warlock
  2. Druid
  3. Mage
  4. Demon hunter
  5. Death knight
  6. Paladin
  7. Priest
  8. Shaman
  9. Monk
  10. Rogue
  11. Hunter
  12. Warrior

Share yours and have fun :slight_smile:

3 Likes

You showed me yours, now I’ll show you mine!

Warlock – These dudes are pretty terrifying, the old-old-old town hall website’s description was like, “LOL U CAN CALL SCARY THINGS FROM OUTSIDE OF OUTER SPACE AND ENTROPIC FIRE!”.
Mage
Priest
Shaman and Druid, I would tie here.
Death Knight
Paladin and Demon Hunter might be tied, here, at least to me.
Hunter, Monk, Warrior, and Rogue are tied, here, in my opinion.

I’m being a little unfair to half-casters and non-casters, here. Everyone’s capable of some migthy feats, it’s just that the half-casters seem to at best be a 2.5/5 in terms of control over their special type of energy.
Priests? They have what I’d consider “mastery” over Light and Void energies. Paladins and Death Knights have… like, “expertise” over one or the other, but in return they get armor and weapon proficiencies to make up for it.

2 Likes

Warlock first
Mage second probably

Warlock is like a mage who has no limit and no taboo and can literarily destroy worlds.

4 Likes
  1. Classes that can be Goblins

2. Classes that can not be Goblins

2 Likes

Classes that have powerful magic:
Mage > Warlock > Priest > Druid

Classes that have magic but it’s basically just for damage:
DK > Paladin > DH > Shaman

Classes that are just some dude with too much free time:
Rogue > Monk > Hunter > Warrior

Like Guldan? Who we beat multiple times?

Illidan also beat him solo so you could argue that demon hunter is stronger

1 Like

Illidan is the chosen one though literally.

Lore wise no one should beat him yet arthas did before he was at full power (though I guess we could argue Illidan wasn’t either?)

Regardless I think warlock is one, then mage, then Druid.

However if we are going by characters in lore Malfurion seems to be written as the strongest

2 Likes
  1. Druid/lock/mage can all compete for top marks.

2. Demon hunters

3. Death knights

4. Shadow priests

5. Shamans

6. Paladins

Everyone else… last would probably be warriors as monks could break their weps…

In before broxigar harming sargeras comments… the only reason he did is because he swung a wooden axe created by Malfurion, under the tutelage of Cenarius.

2 Likes

I dont think shamans are stronger than paladin

1 Like

Reading the novel arthas, illidan was toying with him and outclassed him. Illidan got arrogant and arthas took advantage of an opportunity.

2 Likes

Canonically, I would go with DK’s. Death is the eternal unstoppable force and we are death incarnate. The scourge is among the greatest threat of the mortal world and undefeatable. A DK can make new DK’s or even run of the mill zombie of fallen champions so every dead ally of yours is a new force for the DK’s.

5 Likes

It’s debatable really imo… a shaman would get smashed until they channeled their abilities… thrall killing Garrosh came to mind

1 Like

Is that considered canon? Not saying it isn’t I truly don’t know

It’s as cannon as anything else created under wow’s title, but it’s a shame that the game doesn’t represent tid bits like that and you need to read the novels to get the full lore

3 Likes

Did they ever 1v1 ? I’m not aware of that. In Legion Illidan finished him after we beaten him.

Also we’re talking about class potential and not the power of specific characters.

2 Likes

Probably hero classes. DKs, DHs. We’re supposed to be one per server we play on. Them again lorewise Dadghar should have shown up long enough to vaporize Zovaal. Lorewise, I should be stronger than your average gormlings

No way that mage is above demon hunter. IIlidan was a top tier mage and became a demon hunter to be even more powerful.

Druids shouldn’t bo too high on the list either. Aside from Malfurion, I don’t see most druids being more than very intelligent animals in battle.

DK’s have a lot of potential. More enemies you kill = more power.

Shamans should be higher, maybe right under mages, as they are actually really powerful.

Warriors are trained for combat and should be ranked above both rogues and hunters, which should be ranked around equally. Rogues may be above hunters since some are trained as well to be used as special forces.

my list :

1- Demon Hunter
2: Warlock
3: Death Knight
4: Mage
5: Shaman
6: Paladin
7: Monk (reason monks are above priests is their martial art training)
8: Druids (they do have a lot of potential, but most don’t actually focus on combat)
9: Priest
10: Warrior
11: Rogue
12: Hunter

Death knight above warlock though

1 Like

Warlock = Mage
Druid
DeathKnight (tho very close to the top 3 being 3rd gen was made specifically to counter magic users.)
DeamonHunter (As they are not all Sorcerers like Illidin is and use less magic then a DK would.)
Priest
Paladin
Shaman (Put them lower being it’s not their power. They can do some crazy stuff but the elements can just say nope and they can’t do anything.)
Then Warrior = Monk = Hunter = Rogue

1 Like

Yeah, I was about to say… Gul’dan was pretty soundly thrashed before that whiny Nice Guy turned him into chipped beef~

1 Like