In regards to all race/all class

This is in reference to this thread in the CC: New Race/Class Combos for 10.0 that have been "Established" in the Lore? - #17 by Halite-bonechewer

They brought up how if/when getting human druids it’d feel bad if they just used the KT forms, but to that I have to say: Worgen, Night Elf, Tauren, Troll, and HM Tauren all share the same forms just with different ears/teeth/horns slapped onto them, why do these pre-existing druids not get actually reasonable thematic forms?

Tauren for instance could have the Feral form be a Tallstrider, and bear form replaced with an armored boar, travel form being that of the kodo for land and a swoop for flight form?

Nightelf: This could really stay the same as it is as they do have all these animals native to their og starter zone, but really should get more flair that they are night elf than just ‘gineric ears’ maybe add some elvish glyphs or markings/adornments, have the cat look more like their saberons, etc.

Worgen: Feral form could be a mastif or fox, bear form could be a crocolisk or turtle, travel form could be a horse and flight form could be a raven/crow

Troll: Raptor for feral, Crab for bear (since they start on echo isles, and crabs are armor plated!), travel form could also be a raptor, maybe just a more feathered one than the combat form?, and flight form could be a bat!

HM Tauren: These are in a weird spot already having good travel form (and flight form iirc) but for the combat forms they are the same as every one else, and that can stay that way honestly since all those animals are native to high mountain, just maybe give the forms a bit of thematicism more than just ‘random antlers’ maybe have the selected player antler options be the ones used, and such

3 Likes

blizzard needs to quit following the loud, vocal idiotic minority like it’s gospel for everyone. variety is good. everything doesn’t need to look or be the same.

6 Likes

Agreed, not all classes should be available to all races either.

The restrictions with current lore helps maintain world building for the game.

Also the paradox that would be opening evoker class to all races will bring.

8 Likes

The reason why Blizzard is probably doing the class thing for every race is because of Final Fantasy 14. Is it a good idea for this game, probably not. There are reasons for why not every class would go with every race.

1 Like

I’m going to love it once the annoying class restrictions are finally gone. Belf druids, belf shamans, undead druids and shamans. Void pally cause why not lol I have some ideas for some wacky combos to add to my ever growing army of alts.

6 Likes

Are you kidding me?

Blizzard is busy destroying established race lore and distinctions by making all race/class combos available in order to cater to the entitled whiners and now that group is crying for distinctive druid forms on the basis of lore?

The irony is too much.

Friendly warning Blizzard: if you do this, next they will be crying for all those forms to be available to all races because if they actually cared about race lore and distinctions, they wouldn’t be asking for all races/class combos in the first place. Oh, and because, as clearly demonstrated here, they are never satisfied!

The cheek is unbelievable!!!

2 Likes

If Tauren feral form got turned into those dumb dino-ostriches I’d race change my Tauren druid immediately. Blegh.

Explain to me how saying some one can’t learn to do things based on their race is a ‘lore’ thing please. Classes are just a form of profession you can’t change without paying money. Why wouldn’t a Tauren be able to learn how to read words from a book to cast a spell, or a Human how to meditate on the elements to draw forth their power?

4 Likes

Fixed that for ya. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

Fixed.

Fixed

Could we please keep the conversation respectful and not trollish, on either side you two?

I advocate that all races should have all classes.

6 Likes

Sure, if respect is given.

Thus why I said ‘you two’ and didn’t single any one side of the conversation out.

We’ve long since moved past a point where class restrictions ceased to make sense. We now exist in a narrative where there is obvious blurring of the lines between the cosmic powers which classes are designed around.

Back in Vanilla the idea of Undead Paladins made no sense, but since then we’ve had Sir Zeliek, Calia Menethil, Faol, the Scarlets turned into the Risen, and Lightforged Draenei Death Knights.

Even in cases where cosmic powers that should be polar opposites, we’re seeing this blending. Life and Death are as opposite as it gets, but Ardenweald is an entire Covenant that’s steeped in Life and is a major part of Death.

We’ve had Void Druids (Nightmare), we’ve had Fel Druids, we’ve even had Fire Druids. Arcane Magic has been shown to emulate just about any other cosmic power (Blood Elf/Nightborne Botanists, as an example).

We’re quite literally at a point where restricting classes by virtue of what cosmic powers a race is connected to either culturally or biologically just isn’t a valid argument anymore.

4 Likes

The guy that wanted to commit suicide does not make for good arguement though…

And the rest?

Literally, Lightforged Draenei Death Knights.

Exactly, like, I’ve seen people say the reason vulpera couldn’t be druids is because mechagnomes can’t but like…why? It’s established in lore that full mechanical gnomes was the ‘original’ state before the curse of flesh, so like…that’d be the same for their robotic animals too so robognome into robo animal, simple, and vulpera would have been desert themed as they are really one of the most druidic races in their approach of ‘the land provides, even if you have to look for how’

3 Likes

If I can have a mechagnome druid I’m naming him either Megatron or Optimus Prime.

Undead Druids could be cool. Is there lore for it? No, but rule of cool.

The Tauren maybe taught them it in their path to redeem the undead.
Or they found some Loa to leech out of that offered them spider forms and zombie bears.

1 Like